Upgraded S2 Mac Desktop app doesn't show complete Amazon Music Library

• 18 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge

Both on my iPhone and my Macs today, once upgraded to the new app ver 16.1, Sonos OS S2, Build 78151030, Sonos ID 119903290, Amazon Music displays A through S.  Nothing more.

Note: Amazon music displays fine on my BlueSound Node App, A - Z.

Any help getting this resolved?

5 replies

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

A-S of what? Artists, Albums or Tracks?

Music services sometimes add artificial limits to the sizes of containers, and its always a multiple of 100. Playlists are often capped at 500 (a Sonos recommendation), but there’s no technical reason to cap the size of most other containers.

The largest container on my Amazon system is My Music / Tracks which has 403 items, all of which are shown in Sonos.

My guess is that you have hit an Amazon-imposed limit of 500 or 1000.

Badge

While I understand your point, my entire Amazon Music library loaded with the previous version of the S2 controller.  Obviously Amazon didn’t make that limitation within the three minutes it took to update the app.

I do not have this problem with Prime Music and my BlueOS music app.  (Other issues with them, but not this one.) 

Thanks for your reply.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

While I understand your point, my entire Amazon Music library loaded with the previous version of the S2 controller.  Obviously Amazon didn’t make that limitation within the three minutes it took to update the app.

I do not have this problem with Prime Music and my BlueOS music app.  (Other issues with them, but not this one.)

I find this high, highly unlikely that this is an app change. There is zero reason for the app to limit the size of containers, and especially service-specific containers.

Either Amazon changed their service to limit this (it is possible for services to behave differently with different versions of the app, though rare), or the number of tracks/artists/albums changed.

The fact that other endpoints do not have this issue is entirely irrelevant: the issue is in the Amazon SMAPI endpoint.

Badge

I checked my Amazon Music desktop app.  I have 401 artists.  8856 songs. 885 albums.  So the artist limit is 401?  Seems arbitrary. 

As a test, I added one more artist moments ago to my AM account bringing my total artist count to 402.  The list in the Sonos app was truncated by one.  Previously the last artist listed was Sugar.  It’s now Steven Wilson.  

Does this help you at all?  As previously stated, this is a new development with my Sonos app.  Thanks -