Answered

Updating Music Library doesn't clean up old entries

• 20 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Ijust added a NAS to my network and connected my Sonos system to that NAS and have scheduled index updates each evening at 2am.  I rip CDs to the NAS and every so many days I update the meta data/tags to clean up the initial data that was used.  The biggest issue I’m having is when tag data changes and creates a new album in the library but the previous versions of that album also remain.  Here is an example.

• I have a single album that is a 2 CD set
  • When I rip the CDs - it creates two albums in my library named ‘Album Name - disc 1’ and ‘Album Name - disc 2’
  • When my Sonos library is indexed, it creates the 2 separate albums
  • I go into my library software and update the meta data where both cds have the same album name and I indicate disc 1 and disc 2 
  • The next time Sonos library is indexed - it creates the new album with the corrected album name and all tracks in the correct order grouped by cd1 and cd2 as expected
  • However, the original 2 albums that it initially created also remain in my library.
  • ⁠ 

Here is an image from my library - the first item listed is the corrected one - however, the other two remain in the library as well.

• I removed the link to my NAS and then reconnected and rebuilt and I get the same results

• I have also removed the link to my NAS and pointed to an empty share and rebuilt an empty library then reconnected and it still results in the same three albums.

This is one example of many as I clean up the meta data - does anyone have any solutions or understand why it continue to pull in all 3?

icon

Best answer by TomGrounds 20 January 2023, 17:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +20

Likely to be the trash folder on your NAS, delete everything in there.

Thank you!!! BRILLIANT!!! I didn’t even think about that!!!  I just emptied the trash folder and sure enough… everything rebuilt as expected!  THANK YOU!  I knew it had to be something simple.