Answered

Updating Music Library

• 24 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a Synology NAS drive with all my musc and have created an account for the sonos system.

Total Songs = 47900 +

Library Settings default

All display In iTunes with no issue.

When I update libraray on Sonos App Windows 10 some tracks never update and are missing when wanting to play an album of an artist.

Also same happens updating Sonos App on iPhone or Samsung.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong, or please offer suggestion for me to resolve,

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 February 2024, 01:22

View original

3 replies

It can be a number of things including a DRM issue or tag metadata etc. Maybe see if this Sonos support page will assist you to resolve the issue…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/missing-tracks-or-albums-in-sonos-music-library

If no joy, then it maybe best to reproduce the issue and then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter. Some screenshots from iTunes display and your Sonos App Library might also assist the Sonos Support Staff too.

You may have just hit the upper limits of the Sonos library. Although they state 65,000 tracks, if the track data is larger than usual then 47k tracks might have broken it. I can only get about 38k tracks to work before Sonos fails to add more. 

If that is the case, then one option is to massively simplify the data - paths, filenames, metadata in the files themselves etc. I didn’t like this option, as it tailor’s it too much to Sonos.

Plex is another option, but the Sonos version is rather dire.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You may have just hit the upper limits of the Sonos library. Although they state 65,000 tracks, if the track data is larger than usual then 47k tracks might have broken it. I can only get about 38k tracks to work before Sonos fails to add more. 

If that is the case, then one option is to massively simplify the data - paths, filenames, metadata in the files themselves etc. I didn’t like this option, as it tailor’s it too much to Sonos.

Plex is another option, but the Sonos version is rather dire.

iBroadcast is another option, and includes a free service level.