Answered

Updates

• 22 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

My Sonos on my laptop will not display my music or Pandora stations. It says "Check for updates". I do that and installs some driver (or something) and then asks for my password. None of my Mac passwords work. My Sonos password didn't work. I tried these multiple times. Then I reset my Sonos password and that doesn't work. Is there a delay on that taking effect? If not, what else can I do? I simply want to play music.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 November 2023, 11:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mplsmw 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

As far as I am aware, the Sonos app for your computer will never ask you to log in to your Sonos account - except in very unusual circumstances - but you may well be asked for your Mac password to install an app update.

First, if you didn’t get the Sonos app from here, please uninstall it, download from this link and try again. If it turns out that you had an imposter app, I recommend you change your passwords after getting rid of it. A malware scan would also be advised.

If the computer is asking for your Mac user password then there’s nothing we can do to help recover it, but if it’s anything else, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - they’ll be able to start a remote session on your computer to assist you too.

In the meantime, you can use the Sonos app for your phone to play music.

I hope this helps.