Updates

• 26 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Why is the Sonos update process such a mess?   EVERY time the update note comes on, which is WAY too frequently, I know I’m in for a headache.   I see no reason on Earth for it to be such a never ending disaster.   This time it doesn’t even get past the “update starting” phase where it just kept circling with no end.   I’m running Windows 11 latest update and also Windows 10 latest update.  Problem is identical on both computers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sounds like you have some sort of network issue. Since the Sonos controller is merely a window to what is happening on the speakers, it makes sense that it would be seen on both computers.

These updates should not be the problem you’re experiencing, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I never have any issues with the 15 devices I have. I have a solid local network, likely related to my lack of problems.

I suggest that you uninstall the SONOS controller and reinstall. Nothing critical is stored by the controllers.

After one of these failures, check to see if the controller has updated, even though it claims not to have updated.