Skip to main content
Answered

updated app: sonos playlists lost

Help!  Had 2 chat conversations with helpdesk as none of my  sonos playlists are there following the app update. They refer me to call technical help but each time i try, it is over 75 mins wait time. Can anyone here help me to resolve? 🙏🏼

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

63 replies

Userlevel 1

Having the same issue please advise. Long chat with no resolution. Promised a call back or email from sales to help. What I did learn is they are aware of the issue but no plans to fix. Without playlist the system is of little use. Hoping they fix the issue ASAP or off to buy back their equipment.

Userlevel 3

Beyond frustrating because the app worked perfectly before the update. I am one unhappy customer.  Plus they seem more focused on serving me media I neither want nor need. 

The updated app shows none of my playlists on my iPad.  The playlists do show up on my iPhone but I cannot manage, create, add a song to or delete a playlist from the app on my phone. The web app shows my playlists but doesn’t function properly, similar to issues with the phone. I have not been able to resolve this through the live chat nor have I been able to get through to anyone on the tech staff by phone.

Userlevel 2
Badge

My playlist was completely lost with this last update, as with all other updates. I always have to go through so many restarts to get it working again. Now, it won’t even load my music, which is the same folder as I used last time. I keep getting a (913) error message. Sonos appears to be Apple unfriendly so I am looking into buying other products. This is not worth the trouble it causes. 

Userlevel 3

I get the sense that this particular problem with playlists is not going to be resolved by trying to reach tech support and telling them about it. It may never be resolved even though it’s a key feature of the app that I valued.

Userlevel 2

Not pleased with the update. A lot has been taken out.

Playlists are missing.

The timer is missing, etc.

I'm a customer who will move to different products if Sonos doesn't sort out these issues.

Userlevel 3

I agree with each and every comment regarding lost playlists. Most unhappy. 

Userlevel 3

Sonos will make me feel like it’s all my fault that the app doesn’t work on my devices. Just wait…

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I still had access to playlists and my NAS drive late last week even after the update. Now I cannot see either. Sonos want to be a 100% music streaming service and have cut off their legacy customers without any respect. AGAIN. 

looks like I’ll use the Apple App. I can see my NAS drive. Or Spotify if I want that. Leave the Sonos app behind and as kit needs replacing it won’t be with Sonos. 17 years I’ve been a customer and 4 of my friends have systems on my recommendation. I forgave them the S1-s2 debacle but this is the last straw 

Userlevel 2

Same issue here. App has automatically updated and now my playlists which I've built over the last 10 or so years have vanished. What's going on?

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I forgave them the S1-s2 debacle but this is the last straw 

That was bad enough and I still have a bad taste in my mouth from that - and now I feel stupid that I didn’t trust my gut that they have lost their way and get out of my system then.  It is really a shame that they don’t simply restore the old version of the app until they sort out this new one - or just scrap the new one all together.  There is nothing about it that is better or compelling.  What kind of idiots have they hired to do this?

I’m really thinking how can I unwind this?  It’s starting to give me a “TiVo” vibe like maybe the writing is on the wall and we all need to wake up and read it!  It is moronic that the hardware works perfectly fine, yet they have screwed up a way to use it.  Mind blowing.

Sonos will make me feel like it’s all my fault that the app doesn’t work on my devices. Just wait…

100% - and they were a significant investment cost-wise in the first place

Userlevel 1

My playlists have gone from the new updated app TOO! It’s very annoying. I can however still access the playlists if I use Sonos on my MacBook, so at least they haven’t disappeared completely thank goodness (years of work of creating my playlists).

I use the App on my phone all the time, so it’s really frustrating that I can’t access my playlists.

I hope they get it sorted ASAP and I hope all your playlists haven’t gone for good.

Userlevel 3

I do too!!!

Userlevel 2

Same problem.  The new app is the most dysfunctional piece of junk I’ve ever seen in an “improvement”.  All I want to do is select a room, pull up a playlist from my computer, press play, and adjust the volume.  In an effort to entice me to buy more product I don’t want or need, or stream from a service I don’t want, they’ve made my $10k whole house system practically unusable.  I’m walking around with a portable speaker and playing from my phone.  Thanks SONOS!!

Userlevel 3

The loyal Sonos consumers / customers have spoken and are speaking. This needs to be fixed before the majority of us begin seeking alternatives to the Sonos system, which many of us have already considered. The significant investment that we all made in the past was for a quality product at the time. If that product can no longer be counted on, there are other systems to pursue. 

Userlevel 3

Tried ringing tech support again. 80+ minutes wait so didn't bother 

Userlevel 2

I am absolutely unimpressed with this update. I have lost all my playlists. And, if you listen to some posts the playlist issue might be restored the middle of June.

What a strategic blunder for Sonos. It takes hours to get through and the call center has NO idea how to address the issue. 

Userlevel 1

I am afraid I have lost a decade worth of playlists. I cannot find them on the new update, phone or iPad. Am I missing something here?

Userlevel 2

Agree with everyone else. I have one playlist that took many, many years to build, well over 1K songs. The fact that there was no simple way to print out the list was bad enough. This is a nightmare.

Userlevel 1

Just seen the "plans" for reinstating some of the features that have disappeared.

No mention of returning Playlists - pathetic 

Userlevel 1

I’ve spent years building playlists…as an investment…so that I could listen to genres of music with ease…it’s how I organise and listen to music through Sonos. If those playlists are gone forever then that sucks and so does Sonos. If they fix this and other ‘bugs’ then great. I will continue to sing your praises 

Oh I see my playlists but can’t do anything with them … can’t edit or manage, so sort for echoing all the comments so far on the app, all I can say is if I was responsible for poor quality control at a program level in my company I’d be fired for releasing such bad workmanship, especially when we all pay hard earned money for the products ….. products don’t match the poor SW …. Bad! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I thought it was a bug that my playlists are gone. Get them back asap. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Sonos are very quiet about playlists. Nothing in their support search and not on the known issues list. They don’t give a S**** that thousands of us have organised our listening this way over decades. My playlists are memories. I often have people round and they create a playlist. It gets saved. One is from 2007. There were many many different cuts of genres that I spent hours making over years.

Because this WAS a key part of their system and what stood out. You could make playlists that mixed your own library (cannot find that either) with Spotify, Amazon, Apple all in one list.

i am furious to the point where its almost affecting my mental health. SONOS ARE YOU LISTENING?

Userlevel 2

Go to the app store and for $3.99 download the “sonosphone” app.  You can instantly retrieve your entire sonos library and play it all on your sonos system.  This works similar to the s1 app.  Works great for me.