Answered

Unknown Alarm Source II

• 21 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m having a similar issue as this fellow: 

A little background on my issue.  I have a Sonos OneSL in my bedroom that I use at night to play white noise.  I have a daily alarm set to go off at 10pm and run till 7am.  The white noise is a Spotify “song” entitled White Noise 3 Hour Long and it’s in a Spotify folder with 4 instances of the same track to ensure sufficient coverage throughout the night.  It’s worked flawlessly for a couple of years now.

Until this past week.

For the last 4 or 5 days, at 4am on the dot, the white noise cuts out and a jazz track starts playing, waking both me and the wife.  It’s making the wife very unhappy.  😱  I have no idea how or why this is happening.  

I have deleted all the other Sonos alarms I had on the controller (even though none were “active”).  I deleted the Spotify folder with the white noise track and created a new one.  I checked my idevices (iPhone and iPad) to see if I had a rogue alarm on one of them using Spotify.  I even checked the wife’s phone and laptop in the very unlikely event she had a Sonos or other alarm (she didn’t).

At this point, I am completely baffled.  Any help would be appreciated.  

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 21 April 2024, 18:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sonos support can probably identify the source. 

Sonos support can probably identify the source. 

OK. I will reach out to them.  Thanks.