Skip to main content

unable to use app

• 11 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Please help,

I have recently had new broadband fitted and I cannot use the Sonos app. It’s stating the owner needs to sign in however I am the owner.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Which SONOS controller are you attempting to use? Refrain from updating anything if you have not yet updated.

It won’t let me update. It keeps saying login as the owner, but I am the owner and have been from new???

We don’t have enough information about your router, SONOS system, and the SONOS controller that you are using. I think that you should work with SONOS phone support.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Don’t waste your time calling sonos support and spending hours on the phone with them. This is all defects with the pile of trash worthless new sonos app. The problem is not you, your router, or your broadband its sonos which has screwed all their customers with this untested trash app that makes sonos completely unusable.

Thank you for your replies.

Badge

You may have to set it up again. I ran into this issue setting up a new soundbar. I worked around it by doing this in order:

1. Disconnect soundbar from TV.
  2. Force reset soundbar (connect power while holding the pair button until white/green lights)
  3. Delete and redownload Sonos iOS app
  4. Signed in to the app.
  5. Added soundbar device.
  6. Connected TV to soundbar via HDMI.