Skip to main content
Answered

Unable to rename speaker, Playing Now window blocks the Done button

• 25 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Since the latest awful updates in the IOS app, I can no longer save speaker name changes as the useless ‘Playing Now’ window blocks the Save or Done button. I am trying to rename the ‘Patio’ speaker to ‘Office’. 

No combination of swipes or slides appears to hide that thing. If I click the back arrow, (the only visible option), the changes are discarded.

I do NOT have Homekit or Alexa linked. How can I rename speakers now?

I have the latest Sonos S2 build 80.05.04 running on an iPhone 15 Pro Max and all speakers are updated to current software.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Try going to the iPhone settings and under Display set the Display Zoom to Default, and also set the Text Size to small. Then go back to the Sonos app and see if you can access the Done button.

If you can, then afterwards you can put the zoom and font back to what they were.

Just today I had the same issue with my Connect S15. I unplugged it, gave it a 30 second “time out,” then plugged it back in. After it came back online I had no problem changing the Connect’s name. I am using S2 on an iPhone 14 Pro. 

EDIT: I forgot to say that I never saw the “Done” button, though earlier I did look for one. Instead, I tapped the “< SONOS” menu and the app set the new name without any other action on my part.