Skip to main content
Answered

Unable to load content

The servers appear to be down tonight. Is anyone else having issues?  Updated the app on my iPhone earlier today and went to play music tonight. But every content section on the homepage says “Unable to load content” and where the graphics are supposed to be for services, favorites, stations, etc. are all black boxes with black lines scrolling across.  Thought it was the update but checked on my iPad without the update and same issue.  Was only able to play music in the room where music had been playing previously by pressing the play button.  None of the other rooms had content queued up so can’t select from any sources. Sonos seems to be having a lot of issues of late. 

I have experienced the “Unable to load content” error two evenings in a row now. It seems to clear up by the next morning. Thanks goodness AirPlay still works for music playback. 

Yep. Same here. WTF is going on with Sonos??? 
please fire the head of engineering. Service has gone down hill fast! Not happy customer. Please fix your app issues!!!!!!!!!

Same issue. Content cannot load on iOS app.

Not working here either. Getting tired of this.

Yep same here. Seems the Sonos servers are all down all of a sudden and they have a major outage going on or they are doing Friday night maintenance and didn’t communicate the maintenance to us. Another black eye for Sonos. Just getting really really tired of the constant issues for months and months now with the Sonos platform…

Yes same.  Every device is broken.  This last black update is so bad.  All my friends are having issues.  Latency, music stops playing, app rapidly skips all songs. etc.  And now, no content, and all services look to have been dropped and you can’t add them.  The gold version was...gold and marketing had to ruin the UI and the audio system with black.  Fix your crap Sonos!  It’s incredibly expensive and everyone I know is talking about giving up and trying alternatives because it’s so bad.  I rolled back my Android to gold for a while but then they mandated the update everything is a mess.  This is the worst fail I’ve ever seen in tech and for such an expensive system it’s ridiculous.

Yep, Sonos app version 80.06.03 (current as of 2024-08-16) for iOS and iPadOS is constantly showing “unable to load” message.

Rebooted my iPad. Rebooted my iPhone. Rebooted the Comcast router. Rebooted the eero Mesh Network. Updated eero Mesh Network. Rebooted the network switches. Rebooted the Sonos Boost.

Still, “unable to load content” error message.

Tried the current Sonos macOS app 18.3 as a last ditch effort to attempt to enjoy listening to some relaxing music on a Friday evening. It works, for now. So there’s that.

Why does Sonos even have a Sonos Status page? It’s clearly not connected to the actual servers….

I know we’re experiencing first world problems, but this is utter nonsense to go backwards here. None of us signed up to experience alpha software or even beta software bugs with these general release Sonos apps.

Apparently, it takes “courage” to eff things up this way. I spell this sort of “courage” using these letters:

S, T, U, P, I, D, I, T, and Y.

Update:

Hmm. Sonos Status page now does show an error.

Strangely, however, and happily, the Sonos app on both iOS and iPadOS is working once again (for now?)

I’m still really disappointed in our Sonos experience of late, but at least this first world problem this evening appears to be getting resolved.

Fingers crossed that we’ll be able to enjoy our music tonight as we had intended.

Someone just pressed the ‘start’ button 😉

Yep, Sonos app version 80.06.03 (current as of 2024-08-16) for iOS and iPadOS is constantly showing “unable to load” message.

Rebooted my iPad. Rebooted my iPhone. Rebooted the Comcast router. Rebooted the eero Mesh Network. Updated eero Mesh Network. Rebooted the network switches. Rebooted the Sonos Boost.

Still, “unable to load content” error message.

There is something very wrong with a product design and support system when its users are conditioned into rebooting this much stuff as an early/first step of trying to fix receiving an error.

WE SPENT 10,000 ON THIS SYSTEM AND IT NEVER WORKS CORRECTLY!

My Sonos was working a few weeks ago but now all of a sudden it says “unable to load content” and everything on the app is black.  I’ve tried unplugging the speakers and rebooting my router and nothing works. From the above comments it doesn't seem like anyone has had much success.  Any further suggestions?