Skip to main content
Question

Unable to connect to new router

• 27 June 2024
  • 5 replies

can someone PLEASE help!  

I have a new router and cannot connect my sonos system to it.  

I have tried everything that is advised via the website and app but it just won't connect.  

I've tried to call but there is a 60 minute wait, I've tried to Live Chat and I'm 30th in the queue.  

Please, can someone in the community help????

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Try connecting via Ethernet cable as a temporary measure whilst you get the wifi set up. 

Or, change the new wifi credentials to the same name/password as the old one. 

And make sure you read the Sonos Network Requirements FAQ. 

Another good source is the new router - installation instructions FAQ.

Thank you🙂

I’ve tried all of that!

I’ve changed the wifi from WPA3 to WPA2.

I have used an ethernet cable with the Play 5 - the S1 controller can pick up the system, but once it has, it instructs me to use the S2 controller - I switch to the S2 controller but that can’t detect the system….!

The only other thing I keep reading is to do a factory reset which I’m really not keen to do as I don’t want to lose all my playlists.

Any other suggestions??/

I’d call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

So, I finally got hold of someone via live chat and speakers are now up and running!

Was asked if I had tried to reset speakers - i said I hadn’t because i didn’t want to lose my playlists - i was assured that I would not lose my playlists as they are saved on the app, not on the speakers…..

I reset speakers, was able to connect them to the new router and they are working without problem.

Opened the app to play a playlist, all gone!

Was told:

The app has not been reset. You should still have your playlists there

This normally should not happen 
But the app does have issues that are still getting fixed still 
So I would recommend contacting phone support line from Monday onwards for this. 

I am so upset - lots of years building up playlists and now they are all gone😞