Answered

Unable to connect to Music Library on network (NAS)

• 30 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I have my music on a WD MyCloudES2Ultra NAS and have used that as my Sonos Music Library for several years. Suddenly, I can no longer access this music. I ultimately deleted the source and attempted to re-connect it but to no avail. I have tried using the IP address, using the mapped address and with the device name\share, all without success. I get the error message “Sonos was unable to add the music folder” plus following info. I am 100% sure I have the correct network addresses and username/password and I use the NAS daily for other purposes, including music to my JRiver Media Center. I am running Windows 10, fully up to date, Sonos S2 fully up to date (12.2.2) and works fine except for the Music Library function. The NAS firmware is also fully up to date. The NAS is connected to my router via ethernet and has a static IP. All work fine except for the Sonos/NAS connection. I can set up Music Library connections to files on my computer without problem. Of course I have re-booted the router, NAS and PC. I have searched online for answers to this problem, and issues with Sonos and networked drives seem common, but I did not find anything that worked for me.

icon

Best answer by ClausN 30 December 2020, 21:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Make sure that SMB v1 is enabled in the NAS. It may have been disabled/changed by a firmware update.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/78?language=en_US

Thanks for the idea. It was set to V2/V3, but changing it to V1 did not help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Reboot the NAS and confirm SMB v1 is still available. Try connecting your Sonos again and if it fails submit a diagnostic and post the ID number here so the Sonos folks  can look at the hidden internal data and see if they can find why the connection fails.

Did not work. Diagnostic submitted, number is  991198550