Unable to add Spotify tracks to Port queue

• 30 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I have two One SLs and a Port.  Using the Sonos app, I can add and play tracks on the SLs.  If I try and play an album on the Port, I get “unable to add songs to queue” and if I try to play an individual track, I get error 701.  
I can play Spotify on the Port if I play one of the SLs and link the Port to it.  I can also play through the Port using the Spotify app and air playing from there.  
I have rebooted the Port a couple of times but it still won’t play.  There isn’t a general connection issue, otherwise the SLs and linking across wouldn’t work either.  How can I get the Port playing Spotify again?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

There isn’t a general connection issue, otherwise the SLs and linking across wouldn’t work either.

Not necessarily. The networking demands of the Group Controller (the first room in the group, which fetches the source stream) and any group members are different. 

Try the recommendations at https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4761

Rebooting the router and rebooting the Port make no difference.  There are no other wireless devices near the Port to interfere with it.

I should add that it continues to play the radio and my own music via Plex, so the WiFi works for those services.  It is only Spotify that there is an issue with and only on this one Sonos device.

Connections to the source server -- Spotify in this case -- have their own set of needs and potential sensitivities to packet loss or delay.

You should submit a system diagnostic. Note the confirmation number and either post it here or follow up with Sonos phone support.