Answered

Unable to add radio stream to Tunein

• 24 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I followed all the steps outlined to add a new radio stream - https://www.wqxr.org/shows/holiday-music/. TuneIn > MyRadio Stations > Add New Radio Station and fill in the URL field with the URL.  when I go to listen to that station I get error message:  Unable to play WQXR Holiday - the song is not encoded properly. I’ve been able to add stations in the past with no problem -- so not sure what the issue is. This is the only entry that shows an option to EDIT  Radio Station. All others offer Play, Add to Sonos Favorites, Info & Options -- but none show URL so I can’t see what might be the issue.

icon

Best answer by controlav 25 December 2023, 15:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Submit a diagnostic to Sonos after trying to play the station. Contact Support and see if they can see the issue from the (hidden from users) diagnostic data.

Thanks -- will do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Thanks -- will do.

Don’t bother calling support. The url you listed is not a streaming url, its an html page. I took a look at that page to extract the media url and it is dynamic, so you can’t add it to Sonos.

I poked around on their site but could not find a media url.

Ah -- I didn’t realize that. Thank you for explaining what the issue is.