Unable to add music library from WD MyCloud Home

• 23 September 2023
  • 26 replies

Badge

Seems WD has changed its settings and unlike earlier, cannot be added via “Services” and now has to be added via “Music Library” and the path defined. Been at it for a while but no success.

Anyone else facing this issue. 

FYI, IM using a Sonos Connect and S1. Accessing via MAC OS and iPhone. 

Cheers

Shah

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

26 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yes lost mycloud service  yesterday 

Keeps coming up needs reauthorized but won't  do it 

I can’t speak for what WD might have done with MyCloud, but to access regular network shares S1 needs SMBv1. Lately NAS vendors have been ‘helpfully’ disabling SMBv1 when the firmware is updated. You’d need to re-enable it.

Badge

My Cloud doesn't give any option for SMB, only Local Network access via dashboard.

I have tried several things and now when adding the library to Sonos via iOS app S1, get message “The computer My xxxx is not responding”.

Very frustrating.

I have exactly the same issue. Tried to follow email instructions given my My Cloud about local users but still get the computer not responding problem. How do we switch on the SMBv1?

This may help: https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/music-library-error-when-using-wd-mycloud-nas-with-sonos-s1

WD is a mess! They kept “upgrading” to customer’s experience with their updates. Can't access my NAS (MyCloud Home) today. When I try to re-add the NAS, error 900 keep popping up despite trying with various computers. My version does not have the option to toggle to SMBv1 too. 

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank You. 

Badge

WD is a mess! They kept “upgrading” to customer’s experience with their updates. Can't access my NAS (MyCloud Home) today. When I try to re-add the NAS, error 900 keep popping up despite trying with various computers. My version does not have the option to toggle to SMBv1 too. 

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank You. 

You get option to only share over local network. Log into your My cloud, go to “manage device” in settings and from there you will be taken to a dashboard where you toggle the LNA. But no option for SMB.

Yes. Already did that prior to trying to re-add the NAS. After entering the pathway, error 900 keeps popping up.  At first I thought it was my computer that has insufficient stack size. Even went through the steps to increase that.  Still didn’t work!  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I've never used the MyCloud Home as a music service to Sonos. From day 1 I've put all of my music files in the folder Public, had Sonos index that folder and haven't had any issues since then. In short: I've used it as a “classic” NAS, bypassing all the "specialties” of the MyCloud Home.

Thank you Ratty - worked a treat

Badge

Still no luck. Anyone cracked the MY Cloud Home issue?

Badge

Anyone anyone??? Help!!

I have a WD MyCloud and a WD MyCloud Home. I was able to make the necessary SMBv1 changes to the WD MyCloud via the web page and access that drive with Sonos1. I still can’t work out how to get it done on the MyCloud Home I’m afraid.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Shah M et al,

Together with the music partner it was decided to remove My Cloud Home from the available music services on both Sonos S1 and S2 systems.

You will still be able to access your local library and your My Cloud settings through their Web App, and by following Western Digitals article on How to Enable Local Network Access, you can then add your music library by adding it as a NAS drive to Sonos.

If you are on S1, the article linked by @ratty explains how to enable SMB1 with My Cloud as this is required to use a NAS drive on an S1 system.

If, after following the articles above, you’re still having trouble adding your music back to your Sonos system in the form of a Music Library share, then please reach out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools to troubleshoot this with you.

I hope this helps!

Badge

Hi @Shah M et al,

Together with the music partner it was decided to remove My Cloud Home from the available music services on both Sonos S1 and S2 systems.

You will still be able to access your local library and your My Cloud settings through their Web App, and by following Western Digitals article on How to Enable Local Network Access, you can then add your music library by adding it as a NAS drive to Sonos.

If you are on S1, the article linked by @ratty explains how to enable SMB1 with My Cloud as this is required to use a NAS drive on an S1 system.

If, after following the articles above, you’re still having trouble adding your music back to your Sonos system in the form of a Music Library share, then please reach out to our support team for further assistance, as they have the necessary tools to troubleshoot this with you.

I hope this helps!

Hi Thanks for your help but Im afraid it doesn't work.

MY Cloud Home does not have any option for SMB only Local Network access, which I have enabled and MY Cloud Home is being accessed by Plex etc. Sonos doesn't connect and Ive tried several permutations. 

Cheers

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Thanks for your help but Im afraid it doesn't work.

MY Cloud Home does not have any option for SMB only Local Network access, which I have enabled and MY Cloud Home is being accessed by Plex etc. Sonos doesn't connect and Ive tried several permutations. 

Have you tried putting your music files in the folder Public? After doing that, let Sonos index that folder.

Badge

I hope this helps!

Tried support but no dice. They don't know much about My Cloud Home.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Have you tried putting your music files in the folder Public? After doing that, let Sonos index that folder.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am having the same problem- furious!

I'm on S2. Tried Sonos support and got cut off 20mins into the chat support. There is no 'manage device' option. Why ruin something that worked so well?

That’s a great question to ask WD. 

Badge

tried..get this message “ The folder “Ana Tijoux - 1977 (2010) [FLAC]” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents.

So anything I copy cannot be opened? Nuts!

Badge

tried..get this message “ The folder “Ana Tijoux - 1977 (2010) [FLAC]” can’t be opened because you don’t have permission to see its contents.

So anything I copy cannot be opened? Nuts!

So the files are being read now but when i try to add “Public” folder on Sonos I get same response, “My cloud not responding or not found”.

I think this is a problem that only WD can solve. Why they have removed the option from the MyCloud Home is a complete mystery

Badge

I think this is a problem that only WD can solve. Why they have removed the option from the MyCloud Home is a complete mystery

They are unwilling to help. Lodged complaint with their customer support only to be told to contact Sonos. Awful customer support from WD.