Skip to main content
Answered

unable to accept terms on use on Sonos App on iphone

Brand new user to Sonos. Downloaded the Sonos App to iPhone but was unable to use, as the button to accept terms of use button is greyed out. 
Have then downloaded Sonos App to iPad and been able to accept terms of use there and get started using new Sonos Roam. This is not ideal as wish to be able to use Sonos Roam when out of range of Wi-Fi in garden. 
Can anyone suggest fix to get the Sonos App working on iPhone so I can actually roam using my speaker. 
I have already checked/tried:

• Checking I am on latest version of IOS 
  • Updating App by deleting and reinstalling 
  • Deleting App rebooting iphone and reinstalling App

22 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

If you have your font or text size increased on iPhone it may cause this issue. 

This is from Sonos in another thread - 

“We have identified an issue whereby some users will be unable to progress past the step of accepting the Terms & Conditions within the Sonos app.

Please ensure that you have not set your mobile device to enlarge the contents of the screen in any way - if you have, setting the zoom back to the standard setting may allow you to accept the T&Cs in the app.”

Thank you so much that has worked. I am up and running on my iPhone. I was so frustrated. This has sorted it. 

If you have your font or text size increased on iPhone it may cause this issue. 

This is from Sonos in another thread - 

“We have identified an issue whereby some users will be unable to progress past the step of accepting the Terms & Conditions within the Sonos app.

Please ensure that you have not set your mobile device to enlarge the contents of the screen in any way - if you have, setting the zoom back to the standard setting may allow you to accept the T&Cs in the app.”

from Sonos in another thread - where to look, please??

I’ve prevented all zoom options I can find but still cannot accept terms

Yes, this works for me. Many thanks for the pointer. What a ridiculous way to create a bad impression at first contact with Sonos products! You’re better than that Sonos!

Badge

Likewise, switching off the zoom/resetting the font size has made no difference. Now what?

As well as text size set in the middle, make sure that Display Zoom is set to default. That worked for me. 

Badge

thanks for your help guys. i stuck with it and after a lot of fiddling and reboots, the app finally opened. for those still struggling to find all the zoom/font size settings in their iphones - check in settings, in both display/brightness and accessibility and make sure everything is reset to default and all zoom functions switched off. then reboot your iphone and delete/reload the sonos app. after this, the app should open. then for those like me with poor eye sight, you can go back to your zoom/increased font size settings on your iphone. good luck and hopefully one day sonos will get their act together and iron out all these faults and missing functions on the new app. 

I’ve set my text size to the middle setting and all in accessibility is set to default. I’m running the current iOS (17.5.1) on my SE and the current version of the Sonos app. I’ve rebooted my phone. The Accept button is still grayed out!

Any more suggestions?

Same as Geezer, long time user, updated and can’t accept the new licence on my iPhone SE and it’s not the font size or Zoom etc have tried that, please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Same as Geezer, long time user, updated and can’t accept the new licence on my iPhone SE and it’s not the font size or Zoom etc have tried that, please advise.

Scroll ALL the way to the bottom.

And having tried that obvious requirement and clicked through to every link available and not being about to find a check box to check the accept button still does not come live?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

And having tried that obvious requirement and clicked through to every link available and not being about to find a check box to check the accept button still does not come live?

It might be obvious to you but I spent quite a while helping someone yesterday, including mentioning scrolling, and they assured me they’d tried everything I’d said. But in the end it turned out they hadn’t scrolled down… I’ve seen it a dozen times on here so not as obvious as you might think.

If setting Display Zoom to Default doesn’t work and making your font smaller also doesn’t work, I’m out of ideas…. Maybe someone else can help.

iPhone SE2: Tried changing font size to the smallest font, scrolled ALL the way to the bottom and still the Accept button is greyed out. There are no tick boxes to tick (at least none that are appearing).

App is fully up-to-date.

This is NOT solved.

I am. in the same predicament with my SE iPhone . I’ve alerted Sonos support and have been elevated twice…….they admit the problem persists and offer no timeframe when it may be resolved……..plenty of mea culpas and that’s it.

3rd class software…….very disappointed in what they broadcast as the state of the art product and software.  Letter to the CEO generates a canned template response……

Scroll ALL the way to the bottom.

Apologies Rhonny thanks for your help, I wonder if it is an SE2 issue?

Did anybody think to test the app before rolling it out? This is a company that wants me to buy gawdawful expensive stuff & it can’t even make an iphone app update that will let me accept the t&c.

By the way, I’ve tried all the workarounds mentioned here and no joy.

DDDing, can you confirm your phone make and model, is it also an iPhone SE?

@Christallmighty I have an iPhone SE, model #mmx73ll/a. All the software is up to date.

I’m unable to get this to work (the accept button remains greyed out) on an iPad Pro 10.5”.   All software is current, text is not enlarged or zoomed, Sonos app has been removed and reinstalled, iPad has been reboot, etc.  and of course I’ve looked at every link, I’ve scrolled to the bottom.  Something so basic - this is beyond frustrating.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I’m unable to get this to work (the accept button remains greyed out) on an iPad Pro 10.5”.   All software is current, text is not enlarged or zoomed, Sonos app has been removed and reinstalled, iPad has been reboot, etc.  and of course I’ve looked at every link, I’ve scrolled to the bottom.  Something so basic - this is beyond frustrating.

I suspect you also tried scrolling down and up a few times? 
For me the button was greyed out until I scrolled to the bottom and then back up. Maybe it refreshed the contents somehow only then. 

Sometimes phone language affects the app’s features. If your iPad Pro is not in English then I’d try changing the language as well. 

I have iPad Pro 12.9” with iPadOS 16.7.8. 

I finally got it to work - I turned the iPad in landscape mode, combined with a couple of swipes down.   Same swipes down when in portrait mode wouldn’t work. 

lancerus...THANK YOU!!  I’ve been working on this periodically for over a week trying to “Agree” to the terms and conditions, and the landscape mode worked.  I can’t believe I had to turn my iPad to update an App, but that worked.  THANKS AGAIN!!