Skip to main content
Answered

Unable to accept T&C's in the new app!!!

Since the new version of the app I am unable to access my Sonos system as when I ask to join an existing system the accept T&S’s button is grayed out and does nothing when I tap it. This is the same on both my Android tablet and my iPhone. Both tablet and iPhone software is up to date.

Come on Sonos team there have been too many issues in the recent past from the Alexa issues with the Era 100 to this!!

Can somebody please help me reconnect to my Sonos System 

This is just sooo frustrating!!

Thank you

24 replies

Scroll until you get to the end of the T&C, the Accept button will light up then. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you so much. This was driving me crazy!

This doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling app as well. Any suggestions? Really fed up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

What happens to Accept when you scroll to the very bottom?

Nothing, stays greyed out.

I have scrolled to the bottom still greyed out. Can someone help?

Userlevel 1

same here whatever i do, reinstall, read on app or read on website-accept button not active

Userlevel 1

I’ve scrolled, reinstalled the app - button stays gray. Apple iOS. Great speakers, crap software. 

This doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling app as well. Any suggestions? Really fed up!

The same to me

The same to me

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mrskit et al

We have identified an issue whereby some users will be unable to progress past the step of accepting the Terms & Conditions within the Sonos app.

Please ensure that you have not set your mobile device to enlarge the contents of the screen in any way - if you have, setting the zoom back to the standard setting may allow you to accept the T&Cs in the app.

If the above does not help, please try using the Sonos app on a different device in the meantime - if that is an option for you.

We have no estimate for when a fix might be put in place, but this issue is a high priority. I’ll update this thread when it is resolved. Thank you for your patience.

I hope this helps.

Hello!

Any updates on this matter - it really is becoming a bit frustrating?

Kind regards,

D.

Set your font to smallest and go to display and brightness > Display Zoom to Default. This worked for me on my Iphone

Dancar, thank you! The Display Zoom to Default was what finally got the accept button to show. Just making the font the smallest did not work alone. 

Same issue, show stopper !!! unable to accept t’s C’s tried everything!!!!!! Help please, just bought move 2 , after wasting 2 hours trying to set it up feel like getting my money back. Not acceptable

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Same issue, show stopper !!! unable to accept t’s C’s tried everything!!!!!! Help please, just bought move 2 , after wasting 2 hours trying to set it up feel like getting my money back. Not acceptable

When you say you have tried everything, does that include adjusting the Zoom level in your device settings??

yes

on line to tech support now, estimated wait time 15 mins!

Have got it to work, needed to reset to default settings and save..! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, this is a problem with other systems as well… its an Apple issue by look of it

Hi @Mrskit et al

We have identified an issue whereby some users will be unable to progress past the step of accepting the Terms & Conditions within the Sonos app.

Please ensure that you have not set your mobile device to enlarge the contents of the screen in any way - if you have, setting the zoom back to the standard setting may allow you to accept the T&Cs in the app.

If the above does not help, please try using the Sonos app on a different device in the meantime - if that is an option for you.

We have no estimate for when a fix might be put in place, but this issue is a high priority. I’ll update this thread when it is resolved. Thank you for your patience.

I hope this helps.

Need to scroll to end of screen - really to the very very end -  it’s not obvious

Have tried all of this and please don’t tell me to scroll to the bottom.  Latest app up dates have been a disaster.  System has become laggy and unresponsive with no other changes than the app. Now we are completely locked out.  Let’s get this fixed please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Have tried all of this and please don’t tell me to scroll to the bottom.  

Then there is not much more anyone can advise, if you 100% definitely have adjusted the font size to its smallest and set the phone display size to Default in the settings. 

Have tried all of this and please don’t tell me to scroll to the bottom.  Latest app up dates have been a disaster.  System has become laggy and unresponsive with no other changes than the app. Now we are completely locked out.  Let’s get this fixed please.

There have been other posts by owners who have not had magnification or font size adjustments who just can’t get it to work. If this sounds like you I would contact support.