Skip to main content
Question

Two seperate sonos addresses

Is it possible to have 2 completely separate Sonos systems set up on the one app, one in the uk and one in Portugal obviously on different internet set ups? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Yes

Badge

Thanks James - how can I set it up? As the internet provider is different it does not seem to work, 

The app itself holds very little data.  The account and system info resides on the Sonos hardware, so the answer is yes.

Badge

Thanks. Any idea of the method ?

Badge

Is it as simple as using the “add speaker or component” option? When I tried this in Portugal the app did not find my speakers as they were not on the same internet system as the uk? Thanks 

Is it as simple as using the “add speaker or component” option? When I tried this in Portugal the app did not find my speakers as they were not on the same internet system as the uk? Thanks 

Once you get on the WiFi at the new location, start the app and when it doesn’t find a system, choose “Connect to an existing system” and follow the prompts from there. 

Badge

Thanks. Will try. 

Badge

Didn’t work as the ISP is not the same as Uk

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Didn’t work as the ISP is not the same as Uk

ISP is irrelevant.

Are the devices brand new or factory reset? If not then reset them if you brought them from the UK and had already been set up.

You need to create a new system in the new location (you can use the same email as your UK system). Now, the new app is unreliable at doing this, but once it does you’ll be fine.

Badge

Thanks. All new kit. Will try. 

Badge

Thanks all, got this sorted at last. Appreciate all your help. Cheers.