Skip to main content

I really do love the Sonos stereo pair with sub system.  Got my wife one as well.  We share an Amazon Music account and all is well there.  Just added an Apple Music Family Account as well.  When using “Hey Sonos” commands there are songs that will play on mine and not on hers and other songs play on hers but not on mine.  Have never had this issue with Amazon Music.  We use Apple Music in her vehicle as well.  Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to remedy it?

Thanks in advance..

OK.  Once again, the Sonos gremlins strike.  Worked on this for more than a couple of hours yesterday and no joy.  Finally decided to call it quits and get some sleep.  Worked today and after dinner thought I’d test it out again.  The offending song played perfectly on both systems.  Multiple times.  Go figure.

Well, I spoke too soon.  The trouble with the song last night is resolved, but other songs having the same issues.  Songs that are easily and correctly located by the Alexa app (even on the Sonos system) and on Apple Music (on the car app for Apple Misic) fail to be correctly located on and off by the “Hey Sonos” command.  I think it is the implementation of Apple Music on the Sonos App.  If that is incorrect, and fixes?  If that is correct, and time frame for getting it fixed?  Thanks in advance. 

OK.  I gave up.  I have deleted all Sonon Voice Assistants from both systems and cancelled Apple Music.  I have figured out a way to get Amazon Music to function in the car so am good to go.  A shame, though, if the Apple Music issue iis not just me but is as I suspected integration with the Sonos app.

OK.  I gave up.  I have deleted all Sonon Voice Assistants from both systems and cancelled Apple Music.  I have figured out a way to get Amazon Music to function in the car so am good to go.  A shame, though, if the Apple Music issue iis not just me but is as I suspected integration with the Sonos app.

I get the horse has bolted now, but what did you select under Your Services - Manage - Your Preferred Service?

Also, with Apple Music, if you go to Your Services - Apple Music - Primary Account, what did you select there as the primary account that Sonos Voice would then select to search in?

FYI, I have set up a completely separate user on my Apple Music Family account called “Home” and selected that as the Primary Account so that I can play Apple Music on my phone and my family can play on their phones, without affecting the Apple Music account that Sonos uses.