Answered

two amps playing independently at same time

• 22 July 2023
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I have two amps each wired to a pair of speakers in different parts of the house.

Each time someone tries to stream music to one amp (spotify) I am booted off the second amp to which I am streaming to from a different phone. i.e. same wifi network same streaming service, two different phones and amps can be grouped but not play different music independently. 

Is there a solution?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 July 2023, 03:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Depends on the streaming service, whether they allow two independent streams. Which service are you using?

Spotify premium family package 

Have you tried deleting Spotify from the Sonos controller, waiting five minutes, then reinstalling it? The Sonos system should be recognizing the family subscription, and allow two different streams, perhaps forcing a new ‘handshake’ with Spotify may fix that. 

If not, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thank you