Skip to main content
Answered

TV Autoplay Won't Turn Off - New Issue for me 2024-05-17

• 17 May 2024
  • 9 replies

Even after the recent app fiasco, my TV Autoplay settings were still functioning correctly. After a forced update via the Windows desktop controller this morning it is no longer working.

It seems that whether the switch in settings is set to ON or OFF, my living room speakers are now cutting off music and switching to SPDIF when there is a signal from the TV. (i.e Autoplay is always on no matter what I do to the settings.)

I already can’t listen to the music that I own at all, and now I can’t even listen to music via a service in my main room while the TV is on.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Strange, I’m not seeing this. I have TV Autoplay enabled on my Sonos HT, but can listen to my music with the TV ‘on’ - I just hit the TV icon under ‘Your Sources’ in the App to go back to the TV Audio (or I can stop the music and press volume-up on my TV remote to switch back to the TV audio too).

Userlevel 1

Im having this issue too. 

TV autoplay toggle in the new app has completely stopped working. This worked flawlessly until now. I have a Sonos Arc and LG C1 TV. Even when autoplay is off, the TV sound kicks in through the Arc and stops music whenever it detects a TV audio signal. I’ve tried a full hard reboot on Arc and TV several times without any luck. I’ve tried logging in and out of app. I’ve tried turning HDMI-CEC on and off. Any advice other advice would be much appreciated.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I appreciate you adding something. I was beginning to think it was only happening to me.

Well, my issue just started tonight that is opposite. If I restart my Arc, the TV sound goes through. If I play music through it, then try to watch TV again, it won't switch back to the eArc connection. The app just shows paused music. The Autoplay toggle doesn't seem to matter in either off or on settings.

Just tried calling customer support.... Hold time is 95 minutes.

Urgh!!!

I’m also having this issue

Userlevel 1

Still happening after the latest app update and it’s driving me crazy

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Same here, enabled it in the latest update and decided I do not want it but will not turn off. Shows off in the app but still plays to audio when signal detected. What is going on with Sonos - just seems my whole system is constantly playing up. 

Even after the recent app fiasco, my TV Autoplay settings were still functioning correctly. After a forced update via the Windows desktop controller this morning it is no longer working.

It seems that whether the switch in settings is set to ON or OFF, my living room speakers are now cutting off music and switching to SPDIF when there is a signal from the TV. (i.e Autoplay is always on no matter what I do to the settings.)

I already can’t listen to the music that I own at all, and now I can’t even listen to music via a service in my main room while the TV is on.

I am having the same issue with an Amp.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I think my issue is my LG tv (G1 oled) was randomly stating hdmi 1 and 2 were both Apple TV but HDMI 2 is the Sonos arc, I went into universal control settings and deleted that info and reprogrammed it as Sonos and now seems to be working as expected.