Skip to main content

turn off auto updates

• 17 May 2024
  • 5 replies

I have turned off auto updates and reinstalled the old version of the sonos app, the one that actually functions. I have done this 3 days in a row now, but somehow sonos is still updating to that dysfunctional new update. Why is disabling auto update not working?

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Where did you turn off auto updates?

Under "system" "system updates"

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

In the Sonos mobile app Settings, right?
This switch turns on/off the auto-update for the Sonos firmware (system software inside your Sonos radio), not the mobile app auto-update.
To disable auto-update for the Sonos mobile app you need to go to the Google Play Store app on your Android phone.
Here you can disable auto-apdate for all apps on your phone in the Play Store Settings, or just for the Sonos app.
For the latter you need to search for the Sonos app and open its page in the Play Store, then tap three vertical dots in the upper-right corner and clear the ‘Enable auto-update’ checkbox.
AFAIK there’re no simple way to disable apps auto-update on iOS, but I guess you are on Android as you managed to install the old Sonos app.

Hope this helps.

In the Sonos mobile app Settings, right?
This switch turns on/off the auto-update for the Sonos firmware (system software inside your Sonos radio), not the mobile app auto-update.
To disable auto-update for the Sonos mobile app you need to go to the Google Play Store app on your Android phone.
Here you can disable auto-apdate for all apps on your phone in the Play Store Settings, or just for the Sonos app.
For the latter you need to search for the Sonos app and open its page in the Play Store, then tap three vertical dots in the upper-right corner and clear the ‘Enable auto-update’ checkbox.
AFAIK there’re no simple way to disable apps auto-update on iOS, but I guess you are on Android as you managed to install the old Sonos app.

Hope this helps.

Thanks!

This has been driving me mad too.

Constantly downgrading the hopeless new app that forces me to a paid Tune-in subs and then 'poof' it's back again despite disabling Auto update.

I figured it was a setting elsewhere  but would never have looked within the play store Sonos app page.... or at least not before wasting alot more time....

Userlevel 2

New app doesn’t work! Cannot control which speaker is on or off. it functions by itself.. incorrectly! Music turn off in middle of song. When hit play (forward arrow) it just blinks on then off with no music at all. What’s going on?