Skip to main content

Hello

I’ve been experiencing a problem with my Sonos Move for the last few days.

It has been working flawlessly for a year. Now, playing radios stations with TuneIn is completely broken. Every couple minutes or so, the sound stops for 2-4 seconds, then resumes a few seconds to an anterior state, ie. before it was cut (meaning I hear the same sounds a second time). 

No matter what station I select, no matter what device I use (I have a phone and a tablet, both on Android), I have this problem with TuneIn. Everything is up to date, network is properly configured, it just started to behave like this a few days ago for no apparent reason.

I don’t think it’s related to my network, as I have no problem listening to radio with other apps on my devices. It happens only with Sonos app, only with TuneIn. Any idea? 

Try rebooting the Move by following these steps:

1. Take Move off of the charging base.
  2. Hold the power button for at least 5 seconds, or until the status light turns off.
  3. Wait 10 seconds.
  4. Press the power button or place Move back onto its charging base.

Also reboot your router and phone. You can also try removing TuneIn from your music services in the Sonos app and re-adding it.

I followed the instructions, but it didn’t fix the problem.

Neither did disabling TuneIn and re enabling it again. 

I’m starting to think it’s related to TuneIn ?

You might try deleting and re-installing the Sonos app.

Hey, thanks for the response. I deleted Sonos app on all my devices, then I reinstalled it, rejoined the system, but it immediately started to behave as described. It was even worse I would say, with the sound stopping twice per minute or so. It’s barely useable… I’m so upset with this as it used to work well before...I’ve seen some similar messages here on the forum, but without clear workaround. Should I contact Sonos assistance?

I would certainly recommend it, particularly after recreating the issue, then submitting a diagnostic. When you speak to an agent, you can then give them the diagnostic number so they can look at hard data from your system. 

Just wanted to add that I managed to listen to the radio for one hour without any interruption, without any intervention from my side. I keep finger crossed it won’t happen again.