Skip to main content
Question

TuneIn Stations - Update

• 9 July 2024
  • 7 replies

So, most of my Sonos Favorites that were Tune-In stations are grayed out after the most recent updates (both iOS and now OS). 

Is there a way to avoid paying the Tune-In subscriber fee to regain access (for those that aren’t on Sonos Radio)?

7 replies

Doesn’t require a subscription. I don’t know how well this works with the new app but see here 

https://support.sonos.com/en-ca/article/use-tunein-to-add-internet-radio-station-urls-to-sonos

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

OK - could sign back into the account on the OS app - only could for the “new” TuneIn on the iOS app, after update.

I don’t know what you mean. Did it work?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

It worked on the desktop app (where they had also disappeared after that updated this week), but it’s worth noting that it’s still not possible to sign up for regular/non-pay TuneIn on iOS (when you go to add services, you only have TuneIn (New) as an option).

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

And, just like that, regular TuneIn gone from desktop app - only TuneIn (New) - and not letting me access stations.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

And, just like that, regular TuneIn gone from desktop app - only TuneIn (New) - and not letting me access stations.

Tunein new is free, you now need to create an account thats all, then link it in sonos app

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The “new” TuneIn did not recognize the account previously registered under the old app - so had to create a new one. All’s well for the moment!