Answered

TuneIn song and artist info not displaying in Sonos App

• 26 June 2023
  • 2 replies

A similar question was posted 6 years ago but I could not find anything helpful in the results…

Any radio station hosted by TuneIn I have seen does not seem to display the song and artist info in the Sonos app. It shows for the same station in the TuneIn mobile app, so the actual station is sending the info in the API to TuneIn. I do not recall that this having ever worked for me. Is this a TuneIn or Sonos issue?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 27 June 2023, 02:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hard to tell, honestly. It might be that TuneIn isn’t forwarding the data to display to Sonos (they use different servers to feed Sonos than their own website and app), or it could be an issue with Sonos and that one radio station (or type). Any chance you’d be willing to share specifics about what radio station, so the community might do some testing, just to be sure it’s not a network issue for Sonos on your side?

It might also help, if it is a Sonos issue, if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of recreating this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Thanks Bruce. A specific station is WXYG. In the TuneIn app, even the album art displays. I will also contact Sonos support with diagnostic info. 

Dan