Answered

Tunein Not Playing Music

• 31 March 2023
  • 7 replies

A couple of days ago, Tunein stopped working properly. The ads play but no music ever plays. Does anyone have an idea what is causing this problem? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 31 March 2023, 17:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @OldJohnBoy , welcome back to Sonos Community!

A couple things you can try, if not tried already :

• Remove and re-add TuneIn as a music service in the Sonos App.
  • Reboot your router, Sonos products, Sonos App Controller (smartphone / tablet /..) in that order.

I would recommend you to submit diagnostics via the Sonos App, note the number and contact our Support for some live troubleshooting, as they have more tools and can assist you further.

Thanks for your reply. I followed your suggestion and Tunein still wouldn't play music. A couple of days later, music was playing again. In the meantime, an update for the Sonos software was downloaded. So maybe that resolved my problem.

Exactly the same problem. 

Starts with "This is TuneIn Radio", plays an ad, then nothing. Seems only to happen with podcasts, and it works on TuneIn app, so something seems to be going on the Sonos end. Also a search on podcasts only brings up a "recently played" list including the site I'm looking for, rather than the site itself, but when entering the header site, lists all supposedly available episodes, all of which produce the same problem. 

I can play the same podcasts I am trying to play via Spotify through Sonos, but cannot save them to MySonos, which is a nuisance otherwise I wouldn't worry about the TuneIn problem. 

Not the end of the world, but anything you can find out would be helpful

NB I've been through the suggestions you made last year to no effect. 

p.s. I've submitted diagnostics but haven't contacted support yet

Unfortunately, Support won’t look at your diagnostic until such time as you call in to prompt them to. Read the Diagnostics - How do they work? thread.

Thanks, I will get on with that 

Same problem here. Deleted sonos; re-installed. Loaded in new TuneIn etc.  no difference. Very frustrating.