Answered

TuneIn (New) on Sonos - strange behavour

• 8 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi

TuneIn had a promo last week, offing Premium for £39.99 for the year instead of £79.99, so i decide to bite. I have it set up on Sonos but it’s a bit “weird”,a dn I don’t know if it’s user error, TuneIn issue or Sonos issue.

For example, if I click Browse Genres I get “no selections are available”, same for “Find your decade & genre station”. But if I click Music then Top Music Genres then Country then Top Country I can see some stations. And I can also click Music then Top Music Genres then 80’s then Premium Stations I see Nation 80s (and nothing else).

I have clicked Reauthorise.

Many thanks

Jim

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 8 April 2024, 13:48

View original

5 replies

Have you submitted a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and called Sonos Support to discuss it? You’ve done the main thing I’d have normally thought would have resolved the issue. The only other thing I might think of trying is a reboot of both my Sonos speakers and my router. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I haven’t, no, as I didn’t have any feel for whether it was a Sonos issue or a TuneIn issue. But it’s not intermittent, it’s constant, it’s been like this since I took out the subscription about 10 days ago. My speakers have been rebooted since then as I moved them around.

Honestly, I’m not sure whose issue it is either. Which is why I was suggesting at least starting with Sonos . If it’s a TuneIn issue, and not theirs, they should be able to tell you. 

Moving the speakers around will certainly reboot them, but don’t forget I also suggested a reboot of the router, as well. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Many thanks. Suggestion re: router is noted, however my day job is an IT technical engineer with 29 years in the job, so router reboots are normally high up the checklist 😀 I’ll give Sonos a shout and will update here in due course. 

Thanks for your help up to now, much appreciated

Jim

It wasn’t explicitly stated, so I wasn’t sure ;) I’m a belt and suspenders kind of guy, extra especially when I’m unsure of the root cause. Of course, I’m sometimes confused as to what the original cause is, but having it work properly is benefit for me .