Answered

TuneIn issue

• 31 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I am experiencing a problem with TuneIn on iOS. When I select a TuneIn station, the Sonos plays whatever station that was last playing not what I select. 
For example, if I am currently playing Station X, and then select Station Y, the Sonos continues to play X and not Y, though the display shows Station Y. I have to select the station I want again and then it plays. Weird, I know. Any thoughts? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 January 2024, 21:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

iOS doesn’t make any difference, you’re just connecting to the speakers who then reach out to TuneIn.

As a guess, there’s some wifi interference between your speakers and the controller device (iOS), so beyond the information in the linked FAQ, I’d also reset your router connections, by unplugging your Sonos devices from power, and then reboot the router. Wait a couple of minutes for the router to reload, then plug back in your Sonos devices.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Useless advice. Sonos knows a LOT of people are having this issue, playing the previous station. It’s a bad software problem they are refusing to fix. There is no reason Sonos S2 could not be made to check that the ID of the playing station matches the one displayed on the controller. That, and the long-standing refusal to allow me to choose to have S2 return to the Now Playing screen as a default makes me want to throw my 10 Sonos speaker in the dumpster.

Useless advice. Sonos knows a LOT of people are having this issue, playing the previous station. It’s a bad software problem they are refusing to fix. There is no reason Sonos S2 could not be made to check that the ID of the playing station matches the one displayed on the controller. That, and the long-standing refusal to allow me to choose to have S2 return to the Now Playing screen as a default makes me want to throw my 10 Sonos speaker in the dumpster.

TuneIn on Sonos plays whatever station I select in the Sonos App. So you may have a local issue because it works fine here.