Skip to main content
Question

TuneIn and MyTuner radio stations have all disappeared

Most of my favourite radio stations disappeared from TuneIn and MyTuner this morning.

Most of them are still there on the MyTuner website but not in the MyTuner list on Sonos.

I am supposed to be able to add the streaming URL using the “add radio station” in the Sonos setup but it always returns “not encoded properly” when I try.

Does anyone know what hapened? Have these streaming services fallen out with Sonos or have they removed loads of radio stations?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

No one seems to be listening at Sonos to our complaints, @pauljames.    It’s infuriating. I replied to this thread on the same topic…. 

https://en.community.sonradio-stations-no-longer-playing-via-tunein-or-mytuner-radio-since-latest-s2-and-s1-update

Not worth the price of the speakers anymore. Time to change…

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have exactly the same issue. The main reason I HAVE Sonos is to listen to mainly US radio stations playing bluegrass and country stations, and npr.

I spent almost 2 hours on the on-line help line on Friday (rather than waiting for 45 mins for a human being on the phone line) and she was unable to sort it and seemed to be totally unaware of this issue. I am SICK of this with Sonos. Suggested it might be a problem with my router and said I will have to phone again. Obviously others are having the same issue.

Eilis 

Are you in the UK.? 

Very disappointed in Sonos. Changing the app functionality with no forewarning and lots of stuff not working. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

You might want to roll the app back from the updated Version 80 to the previous Sonos app, version 16. 

I did.  It might not be a permanent solution, though.  And TuneIn’s new app sucks.  But you might get many of your saved radio stations back. 

Here’s how: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/1cnxj1d/how_to_roll_back_from_sonos_80_to_161_android/?rdt=44554

Userlevel 1
Badge

You might want to roll the app back from the updated Version 80 to the previous Sonos app, version 16. 

I did.  It might not be a permanent solution, though.  And TuneIn’s new app sucks.  But you might get many of your saved radio stations back. 

Here’s how: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/sonos/comments/1cnxj1d/how_to_roll_back_from_sonos_80_to_161_android/?rdt=44554

Thanks Ed M. - I’ll try, but I’m not hopeful!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Are you in the UK.? 

Yes

Userlevel 1
Badge

Here’s how: 

Thanks Ed M. - I’ll try, but I’m not hopeful!

Oh dear - these instructions are for Android. Someone later posted a link for IOS but they are way too complex for me and seem to be for iTunes :/

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m in California.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I see that some later posts on that Reddit thread do offer tips on rolling back on IOS, but I can’t offer you any advice there.  Good luck.

Okay... Many stations are not available for UK users.  That's why I asked.  Hope you get a fix. 

Exactly the same problem here - uk based S1 user and been onto uk support for three calls of an hour each checking and submitting diagnostics…. I’ve told them of the points raised on the forum too 

my case has been escalated- if I get anything meaningful i’ll let you all know….. don’t hold you breath 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Dave 

Just joined this thread and agree with the thread above that it really is annoying that I seem to have no longer access to most of my saved stations including Play Lounge and Play Radio through TuneIn.  I have invested quite heavily in Sonos so switching unfortunately is not really an opion.

This seems to have stopped working after upgrading but I don’t really want to downgrade since certain other feature, like adding new stations, will then no longer be available (admittedly, I don’t really want that, I just want my old stations back!!) 

If anyone has any more news please post it here, in the meantime I jsuppose ust have to listen to spotify playlists, super annoying though after have spend £££ on a Sonos in nearly every room in the house :(

Latest from Sonos support engineer after the issue was escalated…..

”We are aware of there being issues with certain radio stations not working, due to geographical stream locks. We are looking into it and we will provide updates as soon as we have any.”

And that’s it for now - I contacted the radio stations directly to get a streaming url that I added as a station in tune in and it’s worked but just as a workaround for two stations 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m still trying occasionally to find out what’s going on. Live chat are still claiming they are not aware of any issue and only want to perform a diagnostic check. They are clearly being advised to not discuss the issue.

I chased up support last week…

“Currently, there are no updates that I can share. We are too awaiting on communication from our partners and service providers. We will implement a resolution as soon as one is available.”

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

tunein new works for me...before app updates. Had to create a new account on tunein new website, then link in sonos app

I’m an s1 user are you S2 Paul 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I’m an s1 user are you S2 Paul 

Yes iam on S2