Answered

TuneIn

• 12 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Has anyone been able to get TuneIn (New) to work on their Sonos system? I have registered for the new app and rebooted my system, but it still doesn’t work. This is incredibly frustrating. We listen to local radio streamed through our Sonos for about two-thirds of the day. If anyone has any suggestions about how to listen to terrestrial radio, I would appreciate it. For now, I guess we’ll be streaming through directly through the stations’ web apps. 

icon

Best answer by DLB53 12 July 2023, 18:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

It seems to be working okay here. I’m based in the U.K. (Screenshot attached). Is there just a particular radio station that’s not working, perhaps?

No, I have tried several different stations and none of them are working. I’ve tried some of the highlighted stations (e.g., BBC) and those aren’t playing either. 

I think perhaps some stations have been moved/removed … check the Tune-In ‘native’ app and remove/add the currently now available stations again to favourites. Then perhaps try the stations via the Sonos App, they should then hopefully work for you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Does another provider on the Sonos app not do these stations?

Badge

Several of my favorite stations on tune in are no longer working.  Have they moved behind tune in pay wall possibly?     

I got it to work. I removed and reinstalled Sonos on all my devices (iPad, macbook air, two phones) and the stations now play again.  Hopefully this will stick. 

Badge

After a couple days the stations have returned.   Radio Tunes was having technical problems.