Answered

Tune In Broken Today?

• 15 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I can't stream any radio today.   Stupid Tune In keeps playing its intro and interrupting the stream.  Anyone else getting this?

Was so much better before Tune In.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 20 April 2023, 10:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Dan in Fall River 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

TuneIn will play an ad at the start of a stream. If you keep hearing this, it’s because the connection your speaker has to TuneIn keeps breaking and reconnecting. The most likely cause for this behaviour will be electromagnetic interference near your speaker and/or your router.

I recommend a read of our Reducing wireless interference help page, keeping in mind what devices might be near the router or the speaker(s). A reboot of your router may also help if interference isn’t actually the problem - turn it off for at least 30 seconds.

If this doesn’t help, I recommend looking for your station on other radio services - myTuner radio, radio.net and Radioplayer can all be added to Sonos without the need to create accounts, and, as far as I am aware, don’t play ads.

If you keep getting audio dropouts, however, then I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.