TruePlay simply does not work in the new App

Show first post

338 replies

Badge

Yes I deleted the app and reinstalled 

I did this and "begin tuning" button still doesn't do anything in the app. You have to restart the app to get out of it. 😢

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am facing the same issue. I moved my speakers and wanted to rerun trueplay. BIG MISTAKE. Now I don’t have trueplay anymore :(. I restarted my phone, restarted my system, ran trueplay tuning 3 times but it never sticks. The toggle does not appear so it seems like the tuning is not saved at all.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I tried reinstall app and did trueplay calibration again. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong but with same result as before - calibration process successfully finished but cannot see on off button so … 

guys , do you have your arc connected to WiFi or wired ? Cause my is wired and I’m not able to connect it to WiFi because not possible update network :( 

I’ve tested running trueplay on both WIRED and WiFi but still no on/off toggle switch for trueplay… I wouldn’t bother with this one

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am facing the same issue. I moved my speakers and wanted to rerun trueplay. BIG MISTAKE. Now I don’t have trueplay anymore :(. I restarted my phone, restarted my system, ran trueplay tuning 3 times but it never sticks. The toggle does not appear so it seems like the tuning is not saved at all.

I tried calling technical support but after 42 minutes I hanged up. When I originally bought the Arc it was full of bugs, popping noises crackling and the support was always clueless so I don’t even know why I bother. I have never had a good experience with Sonos support before :( 

I installed the voice control (Sonos) and recalibrated TruePlay. Now, the TruePlay button(on/off) appears."

Userlevel 1
Badge

I installed the voice control (Sonos) and recalibrated TruePlay. Now, the TruePlay button(on/off) appears."

What is your setup? It appears to be affecting setups with arc+era300s+subs

arc+era300s+subs

Userlevel 1
Badge

Just tried this, didn’t work… still no toggle.. can someone else confirm?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just tried this, didn’t work… still no toggle.. can someone else confirm?

not working for me too … still no toggle … 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have arc+era300+sub(mini) and it doesn’t work for me either

This worked for me! I can’t guarantee it will work for anyone else. I can’t even say for sure what I just did is what fixed the issue, but it looks like I now have Trueplay enabled.

I have an Arc SL, Sub and two Era 300s for surrounds, the configuration of Trueplay death that has been bedeviling a lot of people.

Last night, I did the Trueplay tuning and did not get the toggle. As others have reported, I just ended up with the button to begin tuning again.

This morning, I

1. Unplugged the Arc SL.
  2. Signed out of the Sonos app.
  3. Plugged in the Arc SL.
  4. Signed into the Sonos app.

When I checked the app again, I now do get the Trueplay toggle. I did not redo the tuning.

Userlevel 2
Badge

This worked for me! I can’t guarantee it will work for anyone else. I can’t even say for sure what I just did is what fixed the issue, but it looks like I now have Trueplay enabled.

I have an Arc SL, Sub and two Era 300s for surrounds, the configuration of Trueplay death that has been bedeviling a lot of people.

Last night, I did the Trueplay tuning and did not get the toggle. As others have reported, I just ended up with the button to begin tuning again.

This morning, I

1. Unplugged the Arc SL.

When I checked the app again, I now do get the Trueplay toggle. I did not redo the tuning.

Nope, it still doesn’t work for me after this :(

This morning, I

1. Unplugged the Arc SL.

Nope, it still doesn’t work for me after this :(

Yeah, it all seems so random. Toggling Trueplay on definitely changes the sound for the better so it looks like the tuning is actually taking place but there’s a bug that keeps you from taking advantage of it..

Userlevel 2
Badge

Doesn’t work for me :(

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Corry P would it be possible to get access to the previous version the ios app, just so we can tune trueplay? Until this is fixed at least?

Badge

@Corry P would it be possible to get access to the previous version the ios app, just so we can tune trueplay? Until this is fixed at least?

You can do this already. There are guides online. It's called "sideloading" if you need something to Google. If you're on an android device, you just download and install the apk file like a program on a computer, but TruePlay tuning isn't available on Android as of yet unfortunately. Ios requires this sideloading process but it can be done. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve tried all of that and TruePlay still doesn’t work for me either. I have Sonos Arc, Sub Gen 3 and iPad Air 5th Generation.

I’m looking to buy a smart speaker, and one thing this experience has helped me with is to decide definitely not to buy a Sonos product again.

Userlevel 2
Badge

You can do this already. There are guides online. It's called "sideloading" if you need something to Google. If you're on an android device, you just download and install the apk file like a program on a computer, but TruePlay tuning isn't available on Android as of yet unfortunately. Ios requires this sideloading process but it can be done. 

I went through all that trouble to sideload the old app (let me tell you it is really not that easy for IOS) just so I am welcomed with this (when I try to click on trueplay)

This is soo infuriating. I just want to use the friggin expensive Sonos products I paid for with the best possible experience. Why is this so hard to ask…. Someone from Sonos do something please. Such a shame that I will have to stop recommending these products because of a dumb software issue.

Finally I managed to complete the Trueplay and see the on/off button after trying so many different things.

iPhone 14 Pro, Sonos app version: 80.01.11

System: Arc, Sub and 2xEra 300

Here are the steps I followed

1. Logged out the from the Sonos App
  2. Deleted the App from the phone
  3. Removed the power connection from the Arc, Sub and the Era 300s
  4. Installed the Sonos APP and logged in 
  5. Powered up the Arc, Sub and the Era 300s
  6. Completed the Trueplay tuning and got back the buttons

Maybe I got lucky this time, but thought I would mention it in case it helps anyone.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Finally I managed to complete the Trueplay and see the on/off button after trying so many different things.

Maybe I got lucky this time, but thought I would mention it in case it helps anyone.

Thank you.. i have the same setup and will try this shortly and report back

Userlevel 1
Badge

Didn’t work for me😭

iPhone 14 Pro Max, Sonos app version: 80.01.11

System: Arc, 2xSub and 2xEra 300

Has anyone managed to use trueplay with a beam? Thx

Userlevel 2
Badge

Didn’t work for me😭

iPhone 14 Pro Max, Sonos app version: 80.01.11

System: Arc, 2xSub and 2xEra 300

I tried the same but didn’t work for me too. Why we don’t have some answer from Sonos tech so long time about it OMG. So horrible support !

Userlevel 3
Badge

This is insanity. It should not take a 6-10 step process to use True Play. Sonos fix the app. We are coming up a month since this debilitating app was launched and people still can’t perform basic operations with their speaker systems. It’s embarrassing to have spent so much money on this product and not have it work properly. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

My problem is that keeps giving me an error message at stage 1 saying that “ An error occured, we couldnt adjust Living Room, try again ! “
i have a beam gen2 and 2xera300 ( when beam is alone, trueplay is ok! When i add the surrounding speakers, it gives the error message)