TruePlay simply does not work in the new App

Show first post

338 replies

Hey I found a fix for this. Go on the Sonos app and make sure you have Spotify or Apple Music on it. Play about 10 seconds of any song and pause it, then go into trueplay and it’ll work. 

Sonos, please send this person whatever you’re paying your support staff.  Finally worked with this fix. 

Same problem here with Arc. Rebooting, reinstalling don’t help. It seems that newer version of Sonos is the reason. Earlier I had problem to connect with wifi. I had older version of Sonos in my older iPad and after several attempts I managed to get connection. But problem is now with Trueplay.

Badge

Something like this that is widely reported should be resolved within 3 days to a week imo. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hopefully will be resolved soon 

Same issue here. I’m also trying TruePlay in a room with an Arc, Sub and 2 x ERA300 speakers.

I played a song from Amazon HD in Sonos app, paused it after 30 seconds and Trueplay worked fine. This definitely deserves the “thinking outside of the box” award. Rdawkins, my hats off to you. 👍😎

Trueplay  not working for me either.  Arc/ERA100/3GEN subwoofer. Have tried all above options without success. Very disappointing. 

Userlevel 2

i have the same problem here. Does not continue when trying to perform trueplay setup. 
was no problem in the old app.

I installed a Sonos arc and GEN three subwoofer in our other house by myself a year ago. Took 30 minutes and was easy. Now installing arc /GEN three  in our main house and it is been an absolute nightmare, Have had to hire an AV tech to do it and he can’t figure out how to do it. He’s been here twice and it’s still not working. Sounds like people are in a tunnel and my wife left after watching TV for five minutes because she could not understand the audio. Also on line chat technical support is not available. 

Rdawkins - well done, you’re a star! Your method worked a treat. X10secs of some non descript Spotify stuff and then ran truplay perfectly. Sonos should be ashamed they couldn’t sort it and should be offering you some payment for doing so! 
Cheers.

I'm stuck on the "Begin Tuning" screen and every time I click it, it does nothing. I'm on an iPad 10th generation. Before the app update, it said it wasn't compatible but since the update, it's letting me get at least this far to "begin tuning".  

Tried the recommendations of playing music from my YT music server and paused it and still no luck. Wondering if the 10th gen is still not compatible but just not giving me the message.

Userlevel 1

When is sonos going to fix our problems with true play they need to hive us some info ! Do they acknowledge that the true play is stalling on IOS users ? Please sonos we are loyal consumer you make a great product and we like to enjoy them . 

I tried to TruePlay Arc / Sub / Ones but the tuning is simply stuck on “Continue” step.

I’ve updated to the latest version 80.00.04. 

@Corry P do u guys are aware of this?

I am having the exact same issue. 

Userlevel 1

I am in the same situation, with new SONOS app on iOS. I have a Beam Gen2 and a pair of ERA 300 as surround speakers, and I am unable to perform the TRUEPLAY calibration since the update to the new Sonos app. Is it possible to provide a quick fix because the products are excellent, but unfortunately,  the new app Sonos update is an absolute disaster.  😕

I tried to TruePlay Arc / Sub / Ones but the tuning is simply stuck on “Continue” step.

I’ve updated to the latest version 80.00.04. 

Same issue here… brand new Arc & Sub, very excited; only to run into issues like this! 

Userlevel 1

Ricky:

Rdawkins wrote:

Hey I found a fix for this. Go on the Sonos app and make sure you have Spotify or Apple Music on it. Play about 10 seconds of any song and pause it, then go into trueplay and it’ll work. 

thank you so much this really works even if you use youtube music 

Same problem here

Userlevel 1

Ronnyt: try playing a song out of the sonos app and pause the song, then go back to true play and start the tuning it works ..

Badge

Ronnyt: try playing a song out of the sonos app and pause the song, then go back to true play and start the tuning it works ..

Already tried. At least for me, it didn't work. Tried Sonos radio and Spotify. Neither worked. 

Userlevel 1

@ bulletblng

are you using android or IOS ? Im on IOS and used YouTube music from sonos app. 

Badge

@ bulletblng

are you using android or IOS ? Im on IOS and used YouTube music from sonos app. 

TruePlay only works on iOS...but it's an iPad Mini 6. 

Userlevel 1

@bullet , Do you have the latest 16.0 or higher update on the ipad? Because you may have issues with the new 80.08 update app Sonos.

Badge

@bullet , Do you have the latest 16.0 or higher update on the ipad? Because you may have issues with the new 80.08 update app Sonos.

I'd have to check. If it came out in the last week then no. 

Same issue here. The new App is a disaster. Is Sonos even monitoring his customers’ needs on this forum???

Tried all the methods and nothing works. TruePlay is stuck at the end. Using 80.00.08 version of the app. Arc+Sub+2 Era300 combination. Really frustrating!