TruePlay simply does not work in the new App

Show first post

338 replies

Hello. 
i tried reset arc , but still not working. ( arc + 2x era 300 + sub gen 3 ). Calibration process finished successfully but I cannot see trueplay on/off button on menu. 
Some tips how to do it ? :( 

I have the same setup (Arc + Sub + 2 Era 300). Done everything, it completes the setup without the on/off button for the Trueplay. Seems like there is a slight improvement in the sound after running the trueplay (may be my wishful thinking)!

I have exactly the same setup and the same problem, too. TruePlay caliblation was done but there is no on/off toggle; I am not sure whether TruePlay is activated or not since I cannot test the sound switching the setting...

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello. 
i tried reset arc , but still not working. ( arc + 2x era 300 + sub gen 3 ). Calibration process finished successfully but I cannot see trueplay on/off button on menu. 
Some tips how to do it ? :( 

I have the same setup (Arc + Sub + 2 Era 300). Done everything, it completes the setup without the on/off button for the Trueplay. Seems like there is a slight improvement in the sound after running the trueplay (may be my wishful thinking)!

I have exactly the same setup and the same problem, too. TruePlay caliblation was done but there is no on/off toggle; I am not sure whether TruePlay is activated or not since I cannot test the sound switching the setting...

No toggle = no trueplay. Confirmed with support 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Same issue as everyone else. I’m on version 80.01.11 with Arc + Sub + Era 300’s and I don’t get the toggle on for trueplay after the process completes (if it doesn’t give me an error half the times I try). I can trueplay my pair of Ones in the bedroom just fine. But not this Arc HT setup. I keep trying it again every day after reading the new tricks mentioned in this thread (reset arc, reset app, etc) but nothing works and end up looking like an idiot. My wife now thinks I’m crazy. 

Just wanted to Chime in that I’m still having issue withh Trueplay tuning for a Beam Gen 2 and ipad mini 6. Currently on the latest App 80.01.11 (iOS) with everything updated. Trueplay tuning does not start. Haver tried signing out, rebooting my beam, rebooting my ipad mini 6, playing music first etc but still no dice

I’m also have the same issue with the same setup and app version.  I’m so irritated at how much this system cost and simple stuff that used to work now is just randomly broken in every app update.  I’m so disappointed that Sonos doesn’t seem to be owning up to the mistake it was to release this app in its current state.

Same issue as everyone else. I’m on version 80.01.11 with Arc + Sub + Era 300’s and I don’t get the toggle on for trueplay after the process completes (if it doesn’t give me an error half the times I try). I can trueplay my pair of Ones in the bedroom just fine. But not this Arc HT setup. I keep trying it again every day after reading the new tricks mentioned in this thread (reset arc, reset app, etc) but nothing works and end up looking like an idiot. My wife now thinks I’m crazy. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi there,
same problem here. I cannot trueplay tune my Playbase using an iPad 9. Gen.
The App soft locks after I press “Begin tuning”

I have no problems tuning my Five+Sub and 4 Play:1s with my iPad
AND

I have no problems tuning my Playbase when I borrow the iPhone 12 Mini from a friend.

So what’s wrong?

What did not help:

Reinstalling the App
Removing the sourrounds from the Playbase
Using WiFi instead of SonosNet
Restetting the Playbase to factory defaults

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Same here. Sonos beam 2, sub mini and as of today 2x era 300. 

When playing with era, quick tune did work (I couldn't tell difference), but full tune has never worked. 

Now I do have newer iPad which originally didn't support trueplay, but trueplay did appear in Sonos app 2-3 updates ago. Stuck on press continue to hear sounds to tune your setup. 

Tried factory resetting everything,

Reinstalling app

Restarting iPad

Playing music for 20-30 sec instead of TV input. 

My era 300 placement is really suboptimal so I was hoping trueplay would help with that but no luck.

Now I'm just thinking is arc worth it without trueplay...

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same issue here.

Arc + Sub gen2 + Era 300’s.

Will run through the whole tuning process, but don’t get the toggle.

Same issue, can’t save trueplay settings. Setup arc, sub and era 300’s

Userlevel 2
Badge

There was an update in the app store for the Sonos app. I updated and tried again, it still doesn’t work….

There was an update in the app store for the Sonos app. I updated and tried again, it still doesn’t work….

Can confirm the same for me. I even tried reseting everything to factory settings and the Trueplay calibration still didn’t get saved.

Just updated to 80.01.30, Trueplay now works on my Beam 2 Sub Mini & Era 100's, Happy Days 👍

Userlevel 2
Badge

Not working with arc and era 300 and sub 😫

Badge

App updated to 80.01.30.  True play rerun and completes.  I don’t see the toggle option to enable true play tuning after wards though.  I haven’t logged out of app nor reinstalled it or restarted any hardware though.

iPhone 14 Pro Max.  Arc, Sub and 2x Era 300.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same on my side ! Omg !!! Sonos please wake up !!! Maybe we have to wait another year to fix this issue !! Horrible 

Just updated to 80.01.30, Trueplay now works on my Beam 2 Sub Mini & Era 100's, Happy Days 👍

Using iPhone 8 iOS 16.7.5. Fyi, Album Art shows now for my local Library,

Userlevel 2

App updated to: 80.01.30

Trueplay completed and still no toggle on/off

Arc, era 300, sub gen3

Badge

App updated to: 80.01.30

Trueplay completed and still no toggle on/off

Arc, era 300, sub gen3

I am having the same experience.  My system sounds worse than it once did.  Very disheartening.  

Userlevel 1

I am in the same situation, with new SONOS app on iOS. I have a Beam Gen2 and a pair of ERA 300 as surround speakers, and I am unable to perform the TRUEPLAY calibration since the update to the new Sonos app. Is it possible to provide a quick fix because the products are excellent, but unfortunately,  the new app Sonos update is an absolute disaster.  😕

@Corry P do u guys are aware of this?

I am having this exact problem with the exact same set up/devices, the App is so unreliable, buggy, clunky, why can they not just listen to the feedback? Take your money and run! 

Userlevel 1

I installed the voice control (Sonos) and recalibrated TruePlay. Now, the TruePlay button(on/off) appears."

What is your setup? It appears to be affecting setups with arc+era300s+subs

Just tried this, didn’t work… still no toggle.. can someone else confirm?

not working for me too … still no toggle … 

Me neither

Userlevel 1
Badge

New app update today did not fix trueplay for me.

arc+era300s+subs

Version: 80.01.30

Userlevel 1

New app update today does not fix trueplay.

Version: 80.01.30

Just FYI

I also noticed that, shocking really, shoddy and deceptive of Sonos!

Userlevel 1

My arc had its microphone disabled for some reason and when enabled I was able to get past the “continue” screen and started to tune but was not able to complete it as it was getting stuck at the final stage. 

issue still persists unfortunately 

My microphone Shows off as well. How do you enable it. 

I couldn’t figure out how to turn on the microphone on the Beam 2, it only worked once I assigned a voice assistant, they don’t tell you this!!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Throwing my hat in the ring on this one.

Just replaced 2 Sonos Ones with Era 300s, and unable to tune Trueplay.  Tuning worked just fine on the same Ones when moved into other rooms, seems to be problems with the surround setup.

Hoping this doesn’t rage on for three years like the “popping” Arc did. Picked up the 300s now having Atmos back…

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Still no trueplay after new update.