Skip to main content

Trueplay official list of up to date supported devices

• 18 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Can someone tell me where to find an official up to date list of Iphones that support Trueplay that a SONOS or IOS update has not broken.

Also if anyone in the community has an older iphone that trueplay still works on id appreciate it if you could comment your model and IOS version here. FWIW I used to use an iphone 7 but its no longer supported so im forced to buy a new 1. I was bidding on an iphone 12 but was told a Sonos app update broke Trueplay on this device so i backed out. I recently bought in ceiling speakers and kinda pissed of not being able to tune them :( 

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Here is the list:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/trueplay-compatible-devices-and-sonos-products

Badge +1

Thank you, i did see that but it looks like its old, support for iphone 12 is broken and is not listed under unsupported devices. So i dont trust it enough to help me choose which phone to buy.

Userlevel 7

Thank you, i did see that but it looks like its old, support for iphone 12 is broken and is not listed under unsupported devices. So i dont trust it enough to help me choose which phone to buy.

Trueplay should work on the iPhone 12 as long as it is running iOS 16 (or later). But there are Trueplay issues with the new Sonos app. So I would wait until this is sorted until you purchase a new device.

Did you purchase the Sonos Architectural In-ceiling speakers or third-party speakers? Are you using them as surrounds in a Sonos home theater setup or on their own?

Badge +1

Trueplay should work on the iPhone 12 as long as it is running iOS 16 (or later). But there are Trueplay issues with the new Sonos app. So I would wait until this is sorted until you purchase a new device.

Did you purchase the Sonos Architectural In-ceiling speakers or third-party speakers? Are you using them as surrounds in a Sonos home theater setup or on their own?

The phone i was trying to buy was running IOS 17.4.1 another member told me its actually the Sonos app updates that break trueplay and not IOS updates. So do you think Sonos will fix it for iphone 12 because im new to the forum and to Sonos stuff and tbh based on what ive seen with the new app update thread they dont really seem to care.

I bought these https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/ceiling-speaker-pair and im using them as surrounds with a Beam G2 i used to use a pair of One SLs.