Answered

Transfer system when not connected

• 12 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Can I transfer a system to a homeowner for who I installed Sonos amps?  I left their house and know want to give them access.

Do I need to be at their house to do a transfer?

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 12 February 2023, 19:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You need to be in their home to transfer the ownership as you need to be connected to the devices.

The homeowner however should be able to do this themselves using the Transfer System Ownership option. They will need to download the app and select Join Existing System, then Transfer System Ownership.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

They would not need to be logged in to @wak0511 ‘s account to transfer ownership?

Userlevel 7

They would not need to be logged in to @wak0511 ‘s account to transfer ownership?

No. As they are in possession of the device, they may have to press the Join button on it, but the Transfer System Ownership does not require the password for the email account the device(s) is currently registered to. You obviously have to be connected to the device in the app for this to work. That’s the whole point of having the option available in the app.

See https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/transfer-your-sonos-system-to-a-new-account

I transferred 30 Bridges from S1 accounts to my own using the Transfer System Ownership option. Can’t see it working any different on S2.