Question

tracks jumping while using YouTube music

• 22 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Since swapping over to YouTube music, my music suddenly jumps to the next track. I never had the problem with google play. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @johnc61.

Thanks for reaching out and for bringing this up to our attention, let me help you out.

To verify, this is specifically happening just on the YouTube Music service?

Is this happening in all the speakers/rooms?

Were there any changes made to the network or Sonos system recently?

Kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system, it will help in identifying if there’s any issue with your system.

You may also check this article that provides common fixes for audio interruptions while playing music services on Sonos.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.

Badge +1

Hi, thanks for your reply. 

there hasn’t been any change to my Sonos system. I stream my music via the S2 app on my iPhone. I didn’t have this problem when I was ding google play. 
I have four play 1’s in my kitchen and dining room paired, primarily to play my music and 2 play 1’s and a beam in the sitting room for surround sound on the tv. The diagnostic no is 654257622

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @johnc61.

Thanks for your response and effort in submitting the diagnostic.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, the transport error was detected by the system and it is showing that it is either a corrupt file or failure to reach the server of the music service.

Can you try to play from another music service, such as Sonos Radio, and observe if you will experience the same issue?

This situation can also be caused by interference, please check this article that will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products. 

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report so I can check the system further and see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Badge +1

I have no problems playing other services such as Sonos radio. The issue only started when I started using YouTube music, I would like to see proof that the issue is from a corrupt file,

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @johnc61.

Thanks for your immediate response.

We are not yet certain if this is really a corrupted file, as I have mentioned, it is either a “corrupt file or failure to reach the server of the music service”.

Alternatively, you can give us a call and work with a technician live, they'll start by checking your system health and go from there. They have resources available for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.

Badge +1

I’ll monitor it, as I don’t have my music playing all the time, I’ll keep you posted.