Answered

Top Tracks on Sonos using the Tidal service

• 31 October 2020
  • 10 replies

The play all on Tidal thru my Sonos just stopped working.  It plays just one sone and stops.  Before it went thru all the songs of the artist.   The top tracks works on Spotify but just stopped on Tidal in the last week.  What is the issue?

icon

Best answer by controlav 31 October 2020, 16:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There are at least two other threads on this. TIDAL changed their SMAPI service.

Is this a permanent issue or is Tidal working on this to get the issue resolved?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Who knows, you’d have to ask them. Seems like a bug to me, some accidental side-effect of another change.

Getting same issue

There is no que any longer. Used to automatically port the top tracks into the que

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Bretel.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you all are coming from and I’m here to help.

Sonos engineers investigate this issue and they found out that the Tidal Tops Tracks container for an artist will not show the Play All and Shuffle option.

This can lead to some unwanted behavior and confusion because when selecting a track-only that one track will play and not the whole container.

We are working with Tidal on a solution for this issue, but we don't have any timeframe to share.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thank you. Look forward to seeing a solution soon

I use this feature frequently with Tidal in multiple rooms, 13 Sonos speakers and connects. Looking forward to a resolution. 

Hi @Bretel.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you all are coming from and I’m here to help.

Sonos engineers investigate this issue and they found out that the Tidal Tops Tracks container for an artist will not show the Play All and Shuffle option.

This can lead to some unwanted behavior and confusion because when selecting a track-only that one track will play and not the whole container.

We are working with Tidal on a solution for this issue, but we don't have any timeframe to share.

Hi Mark.

Any news regarding this issue? ;-)

Jens

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @JensJ.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Apparently, upon checking on the ticket number Sonos created for Tidal it's still ongoing as of this moment.

We still don't have any update with Tidal on when will this feature be available.