Skip to main content
Answered

Tidal Connect problems with Move

• 7 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Tidal Connect integrated with my Sonos Move generation 1 with only acceptable glitches for a long time. The last couple of weeks, however, when I select playback in Tidal Connect to the Move, the music plays out of the iOS devices speakers... no music from the Move. Yet integration with my Sonos Connect still works as it always has. But when both the Connect and the Move are zoned together, the problem again occurs: music only outputs through the iOS device.

I am trying to figure out if the problem is on the Sonos end or Tidal end. Peculiar that the Connect is fine while the Move is not. The Connect is hardwired to the network while, obviously, the Move is on Wi-Fi.

I pray someone has any advice.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @caelestis,

It’s possibly a network issue or wireless interference as the connection isn’t finalizing with the Move but it is with the Connect. If the Move and Connect join your Wi-Fi network in different ways (such as different access points or the Connect being wired via Ethernet), then that can cause a difference, but lets try some of the basics before going into that.

First, make sure your iOS device, Sonos app, and Tidal app are all running the latest versions. If everything is up to date, then try re-authorizing the Tidal Service in the Sonos app by heading to Settings → Services & Voice → Tidal → Reauthorize Account.

If you’re performed the above and still can’t cast to the Move, then please reboot your network, Sonos system, and controller in that order and try to use Tidal Connect to cast from the Tidal app to your system.

You’ll also want to make sure you meet our network requirements and have no unsupported devices in your system. To further help, please read our article on how to reduce wireless interference from around the Move, as that can effect casting from Tidal to the Move.

I would also recommend that you reach out to our support team if the above steps don’t resolve the issue, as they have the necessary tools available to troubleshoot this with you. I hope this helps!