Answered

Tidal connect does not transfer music to speakers

• 3 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Since about a week or so I am unable to control or transfer music via Tidal app / Tidal Connect on my Android 13 device. It does work using Spotify Connect. 

I have an S1 and an S2 system and the behaviour is the same on both. Already tried rebooting phone, clearing cache or uninstalling/reinstalling/authorize both S1 and S2 apps. Starting music from within the Sonos apps works. 

Sometimes when I am fast enough I can see a message that says : Sonos unable to play Tidal - Access denied. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 March 2023, 17:00

View original

2 replies

Apologies, I’m a little confused by your post. 
You’re having trouble using the Tidal app to play music on your Sonos speakers? 

Some of your post suggests one thing, and other parts suggest something else. At least the way I read it. 

If I understand your concerns, Sonos has no ‘control’ over the Tidal app. Sonos wrote a common API that they’ve provided to everyone who wants to integrate it, but Sonos doesn’t have the ability to get in to the code written by Tidal to see what is going on. 

If this ‘access denied’ message is showing up in the Sonos controller, then submitting a diagnostic to Sonos and contacting Sonos Support directly would be the way to go. If, however, that message is showing up in the Tidal app instead, I would recommend getting in touch with Tidal, and see how you should submit data to them to see what is going on. 

Badge +2

Hi Bruce, music playing on the Tidal app locally on the phone cannot be handed over to any Sonos speaker, whether to an S1 or an S2 system. Nor can music from Tidal, that was started from the Sonos app, then be controlled from the Tidal app.

The access denied message appears on the Sonos app. I guess I'll get in touch with support then.