Answered

TIDAL app macos 13.6 - SONOS speaker werden nicht in der Tonausgabe-Liste angezeigt

• 20 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hallo,

unter mac os 13.6 Ventura  wird werden mir meine SONOS speaker nicht in der Tonausgabe-Liste angezeigt. 

In der TIDAL app auf meinem Android Gerät werden diese ohne Probleme angezeigt und sind auch auswählbar.

In der SONOS app habe ich tidal als Dienst bereits zugefügt und hier lässt sich auch die Musik auf meinem Speakern abspielen.

TIDAL Ver. 2.34.5.36-release (W: 2023.10.11-66-8519a6011df08e315fa17675d44ae20617ba0266) (NP: 3.1.2.183)

Was mache ich falsch? 

Im voraus besten Dank.

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

Hello,

under mac os 13.6 Ventura my SONOS speakers are not displayed in the sound output list.

In the TIDAL app on my Android device, these are displayed without any problems and can also be selected.

I have already added tidal as a service in the SONOS app and the music can also be played on my speakers here.

TIDAL Ver. 2.34.5.36-release (W: 2023.10.11-66-8519a6011df08e315fa17675d44ae20617ba0266) (NP: 3.1.2.183)

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by monoaural_ 26 October 2023, 19:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi@monoaural_ 

Thanks for your post!

The methods by which Tidal and AirPlay connect to your Sonos speakers are completely different, so there’s unlikely to be a correlation between behaviours.

Looking at your system, my first thought is that AirPlay perhaps does not like the underscores (“_”) you have at the start of both of your room names. Please rename your rooms in the Sonos app to not have these characters at the start. Please go to Settings » System » [room name] » Room and edit the name. If the old name comes back, this is because you’ve added Sonos to Apple Homekit and you’ll need to adjust the room name there instead.

If the above does not work, please open a web browser on a device connected to the same network as your Sonos system and, in the address bar, type: http://[IP address of speaker]:1400/tools.htm (the IP address of each speaker can be found in Settings » System » About my system). On the resulting webpage, click “mDNS Announce”. Go through each speaker in turn, “Announcing” each speaker on the network. They should then show up in AirPlay’s connection list. If they do not, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Please note that if you connect AirPlay from within your system settings, you are using AirPlay v1 which is unbuffered, and as a result, not supported (though it does work). It’s better to connect from within the app that will be supplying the audio, which will use AirPlay v2 instead.

I hope this helps.

Google Translate:

Danke für deinen Beitrag!

Die Methoden, mit denen Tidal und AirPlay eine Verbindung zu Ihren Sonos-Lautsprechern herstellen, sind völlig unterschiedlich, sodass ein Zusammenhang zwischen den Verhaltensweisen unwahrscheinlich ist.

Wenn ich mir Ihr System ansehe, ist mein erster Gedanke, dass AirPlay möglicherweise die Unterstriche („_“) am Anfang Ihrer beiden Raumnamen nicht mag. Bitte benennen Sie Ihre Räume in der Sonos-App um, damit diese Zeichen nicht am Anfang angezeigt werden. Gehen Sie bitte zu Einstellungen » System » [Raumname] » Raum und bearbeiten Sie den Namen. Wenn der alte Name wieder angezeigt wird, liegt das daran, dass Sie Sonos zu Apple Homekit hinzugefügt haben und stattdessen den Raumnamen dort anpassen müssen.

Wenn das oben genannte nicht funktioniert, öffnen Sie bitte einen Webbrowser auf einem Gerät, das mit demselben Netzwerk wie Ihr Sonos-System verbunden ist, und geben Sie in die Adressleiste Folgendes ein: http://[IP-Adresse des Lautsprechers]:1400/tools.htm ( Die IP-Adresse jedes Lautsprechers finden Sie unter „Einstellungen“ „System“ „Über mein System“. Klicken Sie auf der daraufhin angezeigten Webseite auf „mDNS Announce“. Gehen Sie nacheinander jeden Sprecher durch und „kündigen“ Sie jeden Sprecher im Netzwerk an. Sie sollten dann in der Verbindungsliste von AirPlay auftauchen. Wenn dies nicht der Fall ist, empfehle ich Ihnen, sich an unser technisches Support-Team zu wenden, das über Tools verfügt, mit denen es Ihnen spezifische Ratschläge zu Ihrem Sonos-System und dessen Berichten geben kann.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass Sie, wenn Sie AirPlay über Ihre Systemeinstellungen verbinden, AirPlay v1 verwenden, das ungepuffert ist und daher nicht unterstützt wird (obwohl es funktioniert). Es ist besser, die Verbindung über die App herzustellen, die den Ton bereitstellt. Stattdessen wird AirPlay v2 verwendet.

Ich hoffe das hilft.

Badge

Hi @Corry P 
thank you for your Post.

Actually, using Airplay works like a charm, even deleting the  underscores (“_”) in my room names.
My initial Problem, was that Tidal app on my mac, didn´t give my the option for selecting my sonos rooms.
As said, Airplay works like a charm for my. I can even use start/stop & Volume control via my Macbook pro Keyboard.

But always good to know. I wasn´t aware of, that i was using AirPlay v1 when connect from within my system settings, and AirPlay v2 when connected within the S2 app.

So yes, thanks a ton for that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @monoaural_ 

Ah sorry - I think I understand now. So the issue is that although your Android Tidal app can play to your Sonos system, your macOS Tidal app cannot?

I’m not sure why that would be, but if logging-out/in and rebooting doesn’t help, I recommend you contact Tidal for support - clearly your Sonos system and your Tidal account are linked correctly, or the Android app would not work.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Hi @Corry P 

“….So the issue is that although your Android Tidal app can play to your Sonos system, your macOS Tidal app cannot?”

Yes, exactly.

Loggin -out/in, reboot, clearing caches, pram reset, didn´t bring any changes. Haven´t contacted Tidal support, but will do. One more odd thing is, that when i start a song in tidal on my Google Pixel and head over to my mac os tidal, it doesn´t show that the actual song is playing. And in vice versa. I hope this is understandable.

Will keep you up2date. Thank you for your support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @monoaural_ 

Honestly, I’ve never seen the Tidal app and don’t know if it should work that way or not - it wouldn’t surprise me either way, really.

I hope Tidal are able to assist.

Oh, one thought - is the Sonos app on your Mac able to connect to your system? Perhaps your router is set to not allow LAN clients to communicate with WiFi clients, or a software firewall on the Mac is getting in the way. It’s worth looking. If you know how, you could even just try pinging a speaker from the Mac - if that fails, it explains the issue even if it doesn’t fix it.

Badge

Hi @Corry P 

Yes, Sonos S2 is working like a charm on mac os and on android. The last couple of years i did use spotify and it worked pretty ok. Not as flawless  as S2 app. There were some connection Issues/connection loss. Happened pretty often, said quite frankly. Tidal seems to work actually more stable.  

Thank you again for all your helpful thoughts and support.

Badge

Hi @Corry P 

Tidal Tech Support just answered me:

Thanks for contacting TIDAL Support.

Currently we don't offer the feature to connect to Sonos devices using the TIDAL desktop version, but we’ll be sure your request gets in the right hands. Your feedback helps us improve and we appreciate your thoughts! 

So now we know it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @monoaural_ 

Ah - that would explain it!

Thanks for updating the thread!