Answered

thumbprint radio gone

for years Ive been able to get Pandora’s thumbprint radio on my Sonos 1 account which I must use at home as I have wired speakers into the system as well as Sonos speakers. Now I receive a message that says

your account does not support this system. I have tried deleting and reinstalling both Pandora and Sonos app. This doesn't help.

icon

Best answer by Westalan 17 April 2023, 23:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Same, I just went to use my Sonos after a few weeks hiatus and found out Thumbprint on Pandora states "Your account does not support this feature" yet I'm quite capable of using that feature on the standard Pandora app on my phone.

Yes. Me as well but when I introduce the Sonos speakers it cuts in and out 

Same here!  I actually just used it yesterday and log in this morning and it says “Your account does not support this feature”.  A little frustrating! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Works for me, but I am not using a Favorite (they can get stale), I just searched for “thumbprint radio” and played it from there.

I also have a free Pandora test account which shows Thumbprint Radio directly in the list, but gives the same error as the OP (“your account does not support this feature”).

Conclusion: you need a Premium Pandora account for this to work (on Sonos).

Works for me, but I am not using a Favorite (they can get stale), I just searched for “thumbprint radio” and played it from there.

I also have a free Pandora test account which shows Thumbprint Radio directly in the list, but gives the same error as the OP (“your account does not support this feature”).

Conclusion: you need a Premium Pandora account for this to work (on Sonos).

I have Pandora Plus, this feature (Thumbprint) has worked for years and now does not. I've also had Pandora since it was 100% free without ads, prior to smart phones.

This is also attempted to be selected from the Pandora station list, not Favorites.

Conclusion: glitch in someone's system(Sonos or Pandora), not specific to account type.

Userlevel 1

Exact same for me.  For me,  Thumbprint Radio stopped

working via Sonos/Pandora 4/14/23.  Works fine on Pandora App. I called into Sonos support, they said they don’t show any issues.  I’ve also submitted email to Pandora Support.  Just a we bit frustrating.  Also, I have both S2 and S1 running, and Thumbprint is throwing the same “Your account does not support this feature” error message.  

Userlevel 1

Pandora responded and are in the works with a fix.  Here’s a work-around from Pandora Support, “In the meantime, I suggest streaming to Sonos with the Pandora app. To do that, make sure you're connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Sonos device, and open the Pandora app.

You'll see a casting option (a rectangle with diagonal lines) on the Now Playing screen. Tap it to initiate a connection with your Sonos device. Once you've connected successfully, the casting icon will appear filled in, and a new navigation screen (or "device shelf") will appear. This shelf will allow you to edit your Sonos groups, select which devices to play through, or control the volume of your devices.

Just click on Show Group to make edits to the currently playing devices, or Edit to make changes to other groups.

Same problem here.   Pandora Thumbprint works on all other apps.   I see the same problem reported in Pandora community.  It seems to have started at the same time for everyone. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Same here. Pandora Thumbprint Radio is no longer available. Works fine on other devices/apps. It is NOT “Your account does not support this feature” as Sonos says. My Pandora account is fine. Sonos is messed up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Same here. Pandora Thumbprint Radio is no longer available. Works fine on other devices/apps. It is NOT “Your account does not support this feature” as Sonos says. My Pandora account is fine. Sonos is messed up.

That message comes from Pandora. Sonos merely display it to the user. This is 100% a Pandora problem to fix.

Definitely frustrating but you can using the Pandora app and link to you Sonos speakers to make it work.

I have the cheapest account for Pandora so it definitely does not require the premium plan.

Userlevel 1

Update:  Pandora (@TannerPandora) reached out to me yesterday (4/25) to try their updated fix…IT WORKS!!!!   I (and you) can now once again initiate Pandora’s Thumbprint Radio from within the Sonos app. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Issue appears fixed.