Answered

The system says my Deezer details are invalid

• 23 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Badge +1

I have just taken out a Deezer Hi Fi subscription. I have successfully set it up on a desktop app on my MacBook and my iPhone is also set up. But when I try to connect the Sonos app to the account it complains about the password being invalid. It obviously works on the other two device apps, s I know the password is correct.

Is this an issue with Sonos or is it at the Deezer end? I can connect 13 devices with the account I have, so it isn’t an issue re the number of devices.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 25 October 2020, 00:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Flybridge.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

I assumed you already reauthorized your Deezer account?

How about a different phone since the MacBook and the iPhone is already setup.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Badge +1

I’m not sure what you are suggesting. Are you suggesting I buy another phone?

The issue is with the Sonos app on the Macbook. The Deezer app connects on both the iPhone and the MacBook. So the fault seems to be with the Sonos app on the MacBook, as Deezer works on other apps. Strangely, the Sonos app on my iPhone does allow me to connect Deezer to the app. But when I’m on the laptop I should be able to use my MacBook to open Sonos and launch Deezer. How do I get it to work with Deezer on the desktop app? The password is obviously correct or it wouldn’t work elsewhere.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

(deleted)

I’m not sure what you are suggesting. Are you suggesting I buy another phone?

The issue is with the Sonos app on the Macbook. The Deezer app connects on both the iPhone and the MacBook. So the fault seems to be with the Sonos app on the MacBook, as Deezer works on other apps. Strangely, the Sonos app on my iPhone does allow me to connect Deezer to the app. But when I’m on the laptop I should be able to use my MacBook to open Sonos and launch Deezer. How do I get it to work with Deezer on the desktop app? The password is obviously correct or it wouldn’t work elsewhere.

You only need to setup a music service once (per music service account) per Sonos Household (HH) using any Sonos controller App on the Network. 

The service/settings for the music service are stored on the Sonos speakers/devices in the HH and should be viewable from any/every controller attached to the same HH. Try (fully) closing and reopening a controller App if it’s out of sync and if still no joy there, consider resetting the controller App and re-connecting it back to the EXISTING Sonos Household.

It’s Sonos, and HH is the abbreviation for house hold. 

Depending on how long it was before you added your new subscription to Deezer and the time you tried to access it on Sonos, it’s conceivable that the subscription had not been passed on to the server that Sonos connects to. I’d think that time should be seconds, not days, but it certainly would be worth, given the amount of time that has passed, to remove the Deezer account from the Sonos controller, and then add it back in. That would force the Sonos controller to do another handshake with the Deezer subscription service, and might get you where you want to be. 

It’s Sonos, and HH is the abbreviation for household. 

Corrected (👓) 👍

Just pokin’ at you ;)

Just pokin’ at you ;)

That’s okay I’m not deeply wounded ha ha 😂

The thing is I do misspell it (hit the wrong key) every now and then and the iOS keyboard has been setup to auto-correct it for me, but for some odd reason, it doesn’t work sometimes on this platform?

I’ve deleted the auto-correct entry and added it again, but it’s still the same. All other auto-correct entries appear to work okay, so it’s really a bit of a ‘mystery’🤔?

I have absolutely no understanding as to how and when iOS chooses to apply spelling and auto-correct. 

I’ve pretty much given up on its autocorrect of ‘ethernet’ to be capitalized. The correct uncapped version is there as a suggestion, but I type more quickly than my eyes can see it, and of course for some reason, it doesn’t seem to recognize that ethernet is not a proper name, and as such should not capped. 

Frankly, I’m not overly wild about the interpreter brought to the table by inSided, either, it seems to react poorly with iOS’ browser, with regards to line spacing, etc. 

Badge +1

Hi

I’ve only just seen your replies. For reason, I didn’t get any emails saying I’d had responses, after the first one.

Anyway, thanks for the replies. Ken’s answer was the right one - it is now available on the Mac without me doing anything else after I’d logged in via the iPhone. So I am good to go. :-)