Answered

the Sonos spotify API is missing all podcasts

• 10 July 2023
  • 4 replies

With Stitcher going away (does Sonos even know this?), I transitioned to Spotify to listen to my podcasts on Sonos. Open Spotify on the Sonos app and all you get is music playlists. Why doesnt the interface match the actual Spotify one, and why is this the case with just about all of the Sonos APIs. They are all missing some key elements. 

icon

Best answer by controlav 10 July 2023, 14:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The API itself is fine, but Spotify’s implementation of it has ignored Podcasts entirely for a long time. Its weird, there are vestigial parts of podcast support in some of the Spotify configuration, but without support in Search or Browse that isn’t much good.

OMG glad I’m not going crazy… the podcast support seems to be zero now?? I’m wondering how people are listening to podcasts without these services working.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

OMG glad I’m not going crazy… the podcast support seems to be zero now?? I’m wondering how people are listening to podcasts without these services working.

Audacity offers podcasts on Sonos. As I only listen to podcasts in the car I have never bothered to see if other services are supported on Sonos.

Using my Spotify on my Android device, I get to all podcasts.  I can select the one I want, then pick what speaker I want from Sonos or other options to listen.  Sometimes, the Sonos speaker does not connect, but it may be an issue with my VPN.  It seems to work better if when done listening, I go to the Sonos app and end session on any of the the speakers I was using with spotify.