Skip to main content
Question

The new Sonos app is disappointing

• 18 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I downloaded the new app and was excited to do so.  I got the new era100 speakers for Christmas and finally got around to setting them up. Well first, the new app would not authenticate with Apple Music which is my music service of choice. If Apple and Sonos are feuding, I'm finding another system. Second, when I try to select speakers in a certain room to play music, the app will not switch properly.  Sometimes it switches to the room I selected but then switches right back to the former room.  Sometimes it selects multiple rooms when that was not what I indicated.  Given the cost and track record of this technology, you all are really trying my patience as a customer.  I know you can do better because this was a phenomenal product for so long.  Now it’s like everything else, mediocre,  DO BETTER.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Agreed completely. 

I don't know what it's trying to do, it's a fumbled mess 

Drops connections constantly, extremely difficult to keep the speaker grouping that I want to play 

On both my IOS and Android devices it's been a disappointing experience.

Userlevel 2
Badge

AGREED!!!