Skip to main content
Question

the new app upgrade

• 23 May 2024
  • 6 replies

Since the new app upgrade I have had to replace my router. Unbelievably the new app has no way to switch wireless networks. This means I have had to hardwire a speaker to the router so sonos can create a network. So now my sonos roam only works on Bluetooth connected to my phone. This is appalling. Not only have I lost queue add now, next, and end of queue capability, trueplay capability and the ability to play my music from my networked drive you  have removed a core function from my Sonos roam. Can you reinstate wireless switching now please. This surely is a basic requirement of a wireless sound system and needs immediate attention not 4 weeks down the line. I will accept monetary compensation for every day I cannot use my system as advertised however,  while you take your time to sort this omnishambles. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

You could set the wifi credentials of your new router to what they were previously for the old one. A workaround: yes, but it restores functionality. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

You could set the wifi credentials of your new router to what they were previously for the old one. A workaround: yes, but it restores functionality. 

Really? So how do I change the credentials so sonos thinks its the old router and why the heck do I need to do this when every other frickin thing in my household can easily be changed'

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Really? So how do I change the credentials so sonos thinks its the old router and why the heck do I need to do this when every other frickin thing in my household can easily be changed'

My sincere apologies for offering a solution, which I thought you were asking for in your original post. In light of your reaction, I shall not say more, I’ll just resume enjoying music through my Sonos speakers. 

My sincere apologies for offering a solution, which I thought you were asking for in your original post. In light of your reaction, I shall not say more, I’ll just resume enjoying music through my Sonos speakers. 

Well said that man.  People’s attitudes in these forums of late are seriously lacking any civility.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

My reaction is borne of utter frustration with sonos. Their own support suggestion was to hardwire a speaker to the router. The sonos roam has been relagated to a simple Bluetooth speaker. I could not wi fi link to another housholds wi fi either. Your well meaning offer of a solution while appreciated is rather short of what sonos should do which is fix the app that they themselves broke.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

The fix will come next month, if I read this correctly.