Answered

The error connecting to Spotify is still not resolved. I get an error no matter what I do. What is the fix!?

• 22 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I cannot connect Sonos app to Spotify or connect from Spotify app to Sonos. I get an error unable to add account every single time. I have had zero issues for years and now I’m stuck with this. I have tried every single suggested fix multiple times. So incredibly frustrating. They say this was a known issue that was resolved 22 days ago, but clearly it is not. Does anyone know the solve to this? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 27 July 2023, 10:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What does the system tell you? Any error messages?

What does the system tell you? Any error messages?

Yes, when I try to re-add my Spotify account to the system I continually get “Error. Unable to add Spotify account.” 

Thanks for any insight you might have! Sonos have been zero help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Daniel M. 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m sorry to hear of the problems you’ve had getting your Spotify account to work with your Sonos system.

If you have another phone or tablet you can use instead, please do so. Otherwise, please reboot everything - your router, your speakers and your phone/tablet, in that order. 

If that doesn’t help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have test accounts that they can test on your system - if they work, that would indicate that there’s an issue with your Spotify account (assuming this wasn’t tried the last time you contacted us). If they don’t work, the team should be able to discover why.

I hope this helps.