Skip to main content

The demise of sonos?

• 30 May 2024
  • 5 replies

How is Spence still in his job? After single handedly bringing the sonos brand to its knees surely the shareholders must be after blood? Thousands of loyal customers have been pleading for an app that they can use to play their music on ( as for a lot of people that’s why they bought sonos hardware in the first place) The reported return of basic functions sometime in June just does not wash, we bought into sonos in good faith and now the brand is ruined, it maybe that we go back to what we paid for in June, but with Spence in control the future of sonos does not bode well. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Sonos demise started with the split of their hardware and software. No longer a single ecosystem of products but split brain, split customers and split focus. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Shareholders care about stock prices and dividends, not music libraries.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

The CEO only cares about the share price and has no hesitation in shafting his customers if it will be beneficial to that end.

The entire recent Sonos experience has been a disaster. The app and the horrible service and support just suck. Still haven’t recovered. Would not buy the products or stock at all going forward. I’m fully installed at two houses so am frankly, stuck! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I feel almost conned by Sonos, I bought what I believed to be a whole house music system which I could control via my iPad or Mac, playing my music library as and when I wanted to, this now turns out not to be the case. Sonos seem to be sticking two fingers up to their original customer base.