Answered

system issues

• 10 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have a Sonos system set up throughout my home  and have had no issues the entire time I’ve had it but over the last couple of months have been experiencing some really annoying issues with it. I have updated all the system and app. I have had the broadband, router and wifi checked and tested and all working fine.

The issue I’m having is massive lagging of sound when connecting multiple speakers, literally 5-10 second delay of all eventually syncing to be all on at once then randomly odd speakers dropping completely out then re connecting.

I’m also experiencing if I have a playlist playing and leave it to go to next track the sound is fine but if I want to skip to the next track midway through a track everything drops out, some speakers continue to play the track I’m trying to skip whilst others start to play the next track (again all out of sync) eventually all catching up. Everything has been running through wifi and I’ve also tried connecting one or two via Ethernet to eliminate the issue but no joy whatsoever.

Has anyone experienced this or know a solution as it now driving me mad.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by John B 10 January 2023, 14:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

As initial steps I suggest you reserve IP addresses for your Sonos devices in your router, if not already done.  Then wire one of your speakers to the router (not a Sub or surround).  Power off your router and all Sonos devices.  Power on the router and let it come up fully.  Then power on the wired Sonos.  Then power on the rest of your Sonos system.

Try playing some music through the wired speaker, then group others.

See how it goes.

As initial steps I suggest you reserve IP addresses for your Sonos devices in your router, if not already done.  Then wire one of your speakers to the router (not a Sub or surround).  Power off your router and all Sonos devices.  Power on the router and let it come up fully.  Then power on the wired Sonos.  Then power on the rest of your Sonos system.

Try playing some music through the wired speaker, then group others.

See how it goes.

Thank you for your suggestion, I will give that try.