Answered

Symfonisk strange problem

• 17 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I have a Symfonisk and I have a problem:

I can’t play music via Sonos app and from Spotify. Sometimes I got error 1002, but sometimes I got no error message. But Airplay working and I can switch the status LED via Sonos app. If I start the playing with Airplay then I can change the music with Android phone (Spotify) but the music lagging. Any idea?

Robert

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 November 2020, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi all,

I have a Symfonisk and I have a problem:

I can’t play music via Sonos app and from Spotify. Sometimes I got error 1002, but sometimes I got no error message. But Airplay working and I can switch the status LED via Sonos app. If I start the playing with Airplay then I can change the music with Android phone (Spotify) but the music lagging. Any idea?

Robert

One more thing: If I connect with UTP cable everything seems okay.

My guess would be some sort of interference in the speaker reaching outside your network, which would explain why AirPlay 2 works without issue, but when the speaker is trying to grab a stream, it sometimes fails. So, it could be just simple wifi interference, or it could be a duplicate IP address, that happens not to manifest at the moment you’re testing AirPlay 2. 

I would definitely read the linked FAQ and see if some of the solutions provided within can give some relief. I would also try a simple network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, and while they are unplugged, reboot the router. When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices. 

You didn’t list a BRIDGE as an owned device, but if you have one, it’s likely time to retire it, and run that Ethernet cable directly to either one of your speakers, or to a replacement BOOST.